Community Crunch 320: Community Corner, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

As we all catch our breath from the Fjordur launch and all the ARK news this week, we can't help to be appreciative and humbled by the ARK community helping us reach a new record-breaking CCU high!  We're blown away by the support and passion of the community!

This past week has been full of ARK news, from ARK 2 to the ARK: The Animated TV Series, there has been a plethora of content and information to share with the hungry ARK community.

communityupdates.png

islive.png

Amongst upcoming ARK content, Fjordur was released on June 12th and is available on all platforms.  Find out more about Fjordur and its native inhabitants here:

arkonswitch.png

In terms of upcoming content, ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition is right around the corner!  The Grove Street Games team is targeting a September release and a presentation at PAX West.  Find out more information and see a demo of an early dev build here:

theseries.png

The community has been waiting for more information on ARK: The Animated TV Series, and you were treated this week with new images of the upcoming cast.  Jeremy recently shared one of Meiyin's theme songs, completed by Gareth Coker, on Twitter:

freecopy.png

If you're reading this there's probably a good chance you already own ARK on Steam but do all of your friends?  Don't miss out on this unforgettable deal!  You only have until Sunday at 10AM Pacific!

PSsmalltribes.png

Due to a configuration error to Fjordur SmallTribes servers at launch, some tribes were able to exceed the maximum number of players that are allowed in a tribe.  The configuration error has since been fixed.  The enforcement team will begin taking action on tribes that exceed the maximum number of players on Tuesday.  Please plan accordingly!

othernews.png

If you've missed any of the other news, be sure to check out our lengthy post detailing plans for ARK and ARK 2:

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing EVO Event until Monday, June 20th.  You can find the rates below:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (Imprint, Maturation, Hatch/Gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, and Taming, 4x Breeding (Imprint, Maturation, Hatch/Gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (Imprint, Maturation, Hatch/Gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (Imprint, Maturation, Hatch/Gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x Hexagon Bonus

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Uhvouhn#1467

Okay guys, this story is fatal. Big scared big scared I was. I went on fjdour pve servers. I was the first one there so I had a head start. But I wanted something that I saw there from story mode. 3 castles, even if I had one of them I would of felt accomplished. Got loads of progress done. 30 mins later I got a pt and pt saddle. Went to the pathway to claim the castle (me thinking that all survivers we're noobs and got no lvls on them, I see them all running to the pathways so fast. It was like a pvz moment when u had to defend the house with plants. But it was over and I couldn't do nothing. Thier movement speed was bonkers running at that hill. I thought I had a headstart but when I had already got there. I saw a guy with noodle arms and Popeye forearms. Breaking wood. Me and him were versing while other people was claiming the hill tops close to the castle. The speed runner managed to win me and I had black eyes while he was typing victory and greed in chat. This is where I start downfalling. My pt that I left was on passive so it couldn't defend me. A saber tooth went in the castle killed my pt then me even if I tried to escape. 2 hours of trying to get to a castle location and back up my feet I end up going to the red wood castle to see that claimed. The winter castle. The mountain castle. Any pre built place, you name it and I went there. Everything got claimed like it was a free tag sale on toys r us. I was devistated. Everything got taken'd away from me and I will never forget that moment.

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Python

Fjordur is now live on all platforms!  What better way to get acclimated to the map than a tour from Python while gathering his first impressions!

Creator: Anthomnia

Will Anthomnia be mighty enough to wield the legendary Mjolnir?  Check out Anthomnias latest video for more information on Fenrir and Mjolnir!

fanart_2.png

Fjordhawk by @bonten_ARK

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Fjordhawk_

Fjordur boss, Steinbjorn by TheIronWolf45#4176

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Fjordur_bo

Andrewsarchus vs Carno by Robinson Vronti#4113 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Andrewsarc

Fenrir unbound by DINODOG#8923

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Fenrir_unb

Untitled by Gamer_dragon606#6745

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Untitled_1

See you later old friend... by @WolfTek7 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_See_you_la

screen.png

Guilffer#6112

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Fjordur_19

photoninja#6997

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_First_Fjor

@Nekatus

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Viking_Ski

@ThePilgrimz

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_Fjordur_st

The Poopocalypse - Multiple sources shared by the community

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_320_7_1920x108

Have a great weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

Will there ever be dedicated servers for Genesis 1 and 2, Fjordur, and Crystal Isles? On PS4 specifically? I REALLY want to host servers without paying for them, especially when I have two systems just to host them in the first place. I would love to know if they are being worked on, or if they have been abandoned. Please, I just want to know if we will ever get dedicated servers on console. Genesis one has been out for two years nearly, and Genesis 2 has been out for nearly a whole year, if not already. And sure, Fjordur just came out, but I would really like to see some love for people like me who just want to host small servers. 

5 hours ago, Jesseman1997 said:

If you love the community so much, why are there still game breaking bugs that have been in the game for literal years unpatched?

I don't know of course exactly what bugs you would be referring to, but: there can be several reasons:

• Wildcard gets a lot of bugreports, and as you can imagine with the average person here, a lot of those reports may be about intentional gameplay, user error, duplicates of other bug reports, etc. It can get hard for Wildcard to really 'fish' through them.
  • They still have obligations for new content. Well, not with Fjordur, but now they have Ark 2 to work on. They can't just halt all projects and move every dev to bug fixing.
  • It also depends on the type of bug you talk about. A typo in the crossbow's description where "significantly" is spelled wrong is easily fixed, but a bug like resources not respawning if harvested in singleplayer when unloaded while hibernation was on? Yea, that gets a lot harder to fix.

6 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

arkonswitch.png

In terms of upcoming content, ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition is right around the corner!  The Grove Street Games team is targeting a September release and a presentation at PAX West.  Find out more information and see a demo of an early dev build here:

theseries.png

The community has been waiting for more information on ARK: The Animated TV Series, and you were treated this week with new images of the upcoming cast.  Jeremy recently shared one of Meiyin's theme songs, completed by Gareth Coker, on Twitter:

freecopy.png

If you're reading this there's probably a good chance you already own ARK on Steam but do all of your friends?  Don't miss out on this unforgettable deal!  You only have until Sunday at 10AM Pacific!

Could you please avoid using black text on dark grey backgrounds?
This quote made it readable but the original post is almost secret text when viewd on Firefox.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sabbely87 said:

if you love the game so much, why are you still so clueless how programming works?

You need to take into consideration that even though bug fixes are a long process, its not usually a process that takes YEARS to fix one bug. They have a record of people hating them because it feels like they don’t give a damn about their community. And responding to somebody with a valid question with an insult is ignorant and stupid. The fact you think that wildcard isn’t in the wrong because they haven't fixed bugs that a large portion of the community has been complaining about for years. They have a bug team, and if they don't they definitely SHOULD, they should work on the bigger more problematic bugs, instead of PEOPLE poopTING TOO MUCH. And the next time you try to present and argument, instead of dismissing their argument as invalid, present reasons why your right and the other is wrong.

• Thanks 1

It would be nice if I could get on my server to play. I've been trying for 3 hours now and no luck. How are others getting on and not me? I can't click any more and auto click doesn't help either. There needs to be a que and make this fair because if I lose what I worked for this week I'm done with ark will not even think about Ark 2

22 hours ago, Chrysa1is said:

Still think it's dumb that it's free on steam and not consoles..

It was free a few weeks ago on PSN.
For a week or 2 the beaches were cluttered with 1x1 thatch and sleeping Bob's and naked low levels trying to sneak attack on you in PvP.
It was hilarious at first but after a few days I did not bother to warn them for the Alpha Rex following me anymore.

My deepest sympathy for all the PC players trying to reach their new base on Fjodur. Making ARK frre in this week is kind of stupid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flumpf said:

It would be nice if I could get on my server to play. I've been trying for 3 hours now and no luck. How are others getting on and not me? I can't click any more and auto click doesn't help either. There needs to be a que and make this fair because if I lose what I worked for this week I'm done with ark will not even think about Ark 2

As I said before:

Just now, MMaas said:

It was free a few weeks ago on PSN.
For a week or 2 the beaches were cluttered with 1x1 thatch and sleeping Bob's and naked low levels trying to sneak attack on you in PvP.
It was hilarious at first but after a few days I did not bother to warn them for the Alpha Rex following me anymore.

My deepest sympathy for all the PC players trying to reach their new base on Fjodur. Making ARK free in this week is kind of stupid.

Don't worry, on EU-PS servers it is also nearly impossible after the USA wakes up ;)

10 hours ago, MMaas said:

For a week or 2 the beaches were cluttered with 1x1 thatch and sleeping Bob'

That was a special brand of hellish I'll tell you what. You can't even begin to imagine all of the beach and hidey hole structures I had to wipe when the bobs that were just trying the free game decided it wasn't for them and left their structures and tames to just decay. Some days I feel less like a player and more like a janitor.

• Haha 2

On 6/18/2022 at 2:05 PM, Flumpf said:

I  Know what you mean it's been 2 days since I've been able to get on  They need to either add International servers or do something