fanfiction The Beginning of my Fjordur Adventure.

Griffin998

So, I spawned in Easy Zone South 2 (I think). I had a pretty good run. Did the stuff. Punched the trees. Killed an Ovis that was conveniently right next to our spawning point. I had a shirt and cloth pants by the time my tribemate logged on, at which point I gave him a few extra spears, a hatchet, and a pickaxe. We went through the general motions and established a sort of camp, with a campfire and a few storage boxes. I set out for something to tame, like a dodo or lystro or something. As we were travelling, we ended up on a cliff overlooking the beach, and lo and behold! A shipwreck, complete with crates with amazing loot! I started down a path but misjudged a jump, instead landing on the ground below the cliff and taking a bunch of fall damage. I whacked a few crates, getting two metal hatchets, a metal pick, a crossbow, some cooked and spoiled meat, scrap metal, and wood. A pretty good haul. I left the crates deeper underwater, because it was getting cold and dark, and sharks were always a problem. We started making our way back, and promptly got lost in the all encompassing darkness. We decided to just settle down for the night in one spot, gather and eating berries as we got hungry. And then, all of a sudden, I heard loud, stomping footsteps and the world started shaking. I looked up just in time to see the massive head of an R-giga pop out of the darkness, say hello for a second, and then bite. The last thing I saw were the foot long teeth of the giga. I decided to respawn a little bit away from my death point, so I could eventually get my stuff back. Within 10 seconds, I had been mauled to death by terror birds and also attacked by titanomyrmas. I then decided to spawn in Easy Zone north, which turned out to be a mistake, as I froze to death within minutes. I then decided to quit my Fjordur adventure for the moment, and return to it later. This is most certainly not over.

Good luck, and happy ARKing!

That location placed me on the beach next to the wreak. Good spot given that a couple of runestones are close by for quick leveling up. While safe for a while, things will get dangerous there as by nightfall, a Level 25 Alpha Raptor dropped down to raise havoc with the local wildlife. As luck would have it, it got stuck attempting to eat it's kill giving me the opportunity to pelt it in the head with stone arrows using the crossbow for 225 damage per shot. I ended up with a higher level metal pick, hatchet, sickle, and 25 levels.

On the downside, Troodons are now showing up in the area.

BTY, Easy Zone North is mislabeled as you found out. If the wolves don't get you, the murder cold will.

Vannaland West is your best spawn point for an easy start. Head for the island with the waterfall to set up camp there. Dilos and sea gulls are the only hazards that spawn on that island. Swim over to it if you can avoid the sharks and mantas. Otherwise, use a canoe. Metal can be obtained from the strange looking river rock on the beach. 

• Griffin998 changed the title to The Beginning of my Fjordur Adventure.

(Fjordur, local multiplayer)-

I deleted the old world and spawned in the same zone as last time. I did not spawn near the shipwreck this time, instead on an island absolutely infested with icthyornis and dilos. I was attacked by 3 thief birds before I'd gotten to the bow, but I managed to get rid of them all with spears. It was a pretty good spawn zone, with lots of trees, rocks, and also surrounded by water. After that, I went a little ways down toward the mainland in one direction, but spotted a rex and skedaddled. Not much else happened until I got to the bow, at which point I decided to range out and find some things to tame. My brother tamed a lystro, as I hung around and searched for dilos that would aggro. After that, we brought out the slingshot and tamed Perry the parasaur. He was excellent for gathering an early stockpile of mejoberries and narco berries. We ventured up in the opposite direction from the rex, up towards a waterfall with reeds on the sides. I gathered some with Perry to get plant species y seeds, and the purple ones, when harvested by hand, yielded silk! We both got around 80 silk, which is useless for now until the other engrams are unlocked. Until then, we'll just leave it in the storage box. My brother accidentally-on-purpose jumped off a waterfall because he did not know it would kill him. So, we ventured back to grab his body. I saw a moschops off on an island across a small river, so I decided to go check the taming requirements. It asked for rare flowers, and I think I might have had one, but I'm not too sure :|. Anyways, I decided to kill it, so I bolad it and started shooting it with the bow as my brother stabbed it with a spear. It got away, but we killed it, and harvested it up. We went back to camp, where we had a 2x1 thatch base with a campfire and two sleeping bags, because it gets cold at night in Fjordur. Anyway, my brother spent the rest of the day making a separate sort of workshop area, which at the moment is just two sleeping bags and a mortar and pestle. Not much, but this was hardly an hour in, so we were doing pretty good. I hadn't seen a single dangerous animal other than that rex, a few dilos, and the thief birds. Just as I was praising my luck, I saw damage numbers. An icthyornis was attacking the hut! They weren't dangerous, per se, just really hard to kill, and this one did about 23 damage, so it was clearly a high level. I used over 20 arrows trying to kill the damn thing, and I didn't even succeed. Turns out, as we were distracted with the freaking bird, a carno had snuck up on us (don't ask how that happened, I still don't know) and murdered our parasaur in cold blood. Our lystro put up a valiant fight, lasting almost a minute before the carno got it. My tribemate ran in with a crazy war cry, and immediately died to the carno. I, being a smart bob, ran right up against the carno, so that my face was jammed up against it's arms. I started punching, and it couldn't hit me! I went unconscious, because my stam was running low, but since I fell, I was too low for the carno to hit. I think I took it down by a good bit, but I was almost dead, and didn't know how long I could keep it up. So, I went into creative and blasted it with the admin rifle. I know, I'm not proud of it either, but I hardly get any time at all to get on, and I wasn't going to let one stinking carno ruin all my work.So...yeah. I still lost all my tames, my bow (to the thief bird), and most of the meat supplies we had. I immediately made up a new bow, and ventured out to find a new parasaur. I tamed a slightly higher level, this time 25 instead of 20, and so I had Sir Perry the II. I gathered up more berries, and also took care of a dilo with our new parasaur for some levels. It did 23 damage, which was okay-ish for a low-level. I finally figured out how to maneuver  while using a weapon while mounted. And that's pretty much it! Hoping to get myself an Andrewsarchus next time, since honey is everywhere on this map, as are they.

Good luck, and Happy ARKing!

(Fjordur, local multiplayer)- FYI: I hardly played around 1 hour and 45 minutes, so...not much today.

I did not do much today. I wanted to get an Andrewsarchus, but once I saw the climb to get there, I decided to wait until I had a handful of pteranodon. Maybe a pack of deinons? Not sure. Anyway, I leveled up to the narc arrows, so I decided to get a trike or stego later. Got the forge too, so I gathered up some metal and got around 17. Tamed a moschops too, which is going to be helpful for harvesting. And that's essentially it. Made up around 29 narc arrows too, so I'll probably knock a PT next time and hopefully get an andrewsarchus, which will be invaluable for overland travel. Oh, also made up a canoe, but my brother was being annoying the whole time. Also, as I was exploring on the parasaur (Sir Perry The II), an amazing looking white rex appeared on the lake. I sighed and paused, activated creative mode, and pulled out the admin rifle. Sighing again, I shot the Rex in the head. What else am I supposed to do? It is, after all, an easy zone. Raptors at least, I can deal with. Rexes? NOPE! There was another rex in the near distance, and another carno fighting a pair of trikes in the distance. For an easy zone, a bob would get torn into shreds here in seconds. Which is why the excessive use of admin mode. Also, there was that weird bug where everything for my level was unlocked because I went into admin mode...I really need to find a better way to get rid of these things without going into admin mode...maybe just put an admin rifle in a vault, and only take it out when I need it? I dunno...Anyway, I'm probably not going to be on for a few more days, because Multiverse of Madness is out on Disney+, and my brother probably going to play Minecraft Dungeons tomorrow...I mean, it's not a bad game, I enjoy it, but I do enjoy ARK more. Anyway, that's all for now!

Good luck, and Happy ARKing!

The canoe, Nets for harpoon guns, and several important saddles, should become available with the next update for consoles.

Vannaland West seems to be the safest spot to start. Head East down the beach, cross the split stream with the single tree island, make the long risky swim over to the island with the waterfalls. Worst threat there are the rare dilos and thieving gulls. Weird looking river rocks are along the beach.

I'll get that part of the adventure posted in a couple of days.

Fjordur, local multiplayer, PvE

Today was jam-packed full of tames. A pteranodon and three dilos were added to the roster. The PT was knocked first, but a dilo was nearby, so decided to tame it too. Thing is, my tribemate ruined the effectiveness by hitting it with a hatchet because he thought I was killing it...although I'd told him I was taming it *sigh*. It was fine. I'm not really doing it for any good reason, partly just for fun and partly for a sort of pack of guard dogs/companions. Anyway, apart from that, I tamed one higher level female and another lower level female. Meanwhile, my tribemate was being helpful and getting lots of metal from the rich metal nodes up on the hill with our new metal pick. We both trekked back with the PT on follow. I landed it perfectly first try using the whistle, somehow, as they tend to fly off and land somewhere way off in the distance. Made up the feeding trough, and had some more narcotic on hand for taming. The Desmodus will come in quite useful for making narcotic, because it gathers spoiled meat along with it's blood packs and meat. We'll probably head out tomorrow for an Andrewsarchus and a good castle base location, because why not? Maybe some Deinonychus as well...They'll make scaling the cliffs of Fjordur much easier.

That's all for today folks! Good luck, and Happy ARKing!

Archived