Nearly impossible to progress on PVP, Element resources are buildable / blocked

killerspam

The map is gorgeous and has many great mechanics making it fun to explore. Sadly, the situation with element is game-breaking.

The first requirement for Tek Tier is a replicator, which needs 100 element. The main early-game element resource on here are the 2 charge nodes in the ab-style cave. However, this can be blocked off. Once the incumbent tribe has 100 ele and reaches tek, they can also block off the entrance to the shards cave. This gives 1 tribe limitless element.

No other tribe is then realistically able to progress into Tek Tier, which makes it nearly impossible to progress. The main 'alpha' tribe is now able to fully Tek-Fob any base, and pickup with the Exo Mek. Nobody can compete. This also makes taming / raising incredibly hard.

I foresee all PVP servers will drop to low pop within the next week, and will remain completely uncompetitive until transfers open.

The resolution would be to:

1. Make the entire Wyvern and Volcano pit non-build zone

2. Scatter a lot more charge nodes around the map

3. Ensure areas with Green, Blue, Red gems, and Element Ore, are not able to be blocked

21 hours ago, Evza said:

@kyranight Are you able to tell me what cave, or provide coordinates to which cave is buildable on official PVE?

The Dwarven Stairs at 9.00 67.00, I assume it's an artifact cave cuz if memory serves me there was one in the mod. Outside of the entrance is buildable on and saw it completely blocked off with a tall structure 

• Wildcard QA
On 6/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, kyranight said:

The Dwarven Stairs at 9.00 67.00, I assume it's an artifact cave cuz if memory serves me there was one in the mod. Outside of the entrance is buildable on and saw it completely blocked off with a tall structure 

I checked out that cave on PVE. It is not buildable inside or even just outside, but can still be blocked with some effort. Fortunately it doesn't have any artifact or any unique resource in the offical version though.

Archived