fanfiction Would it be okay if I based a non-profit book on ark?

VexedVoid

I'm new here, I don't know how this site works, I don't know anything really beyond what I want to inquiry.

Basically, I want to make a fiction survival book on dinosaurs and need information on Mezizoic era, Ice age, and perhaps Precamberian creatures. I have a few sources; Wikipedia, official archeology sites, perhaps some trusted video makers on platforms. Back to my point, I want to know if I can use Ark as a source of information on dinosaur behaviors (since we don't especially know how such creatures habits were enacted) without going through the struggle (once again) of finding an official on here (on mobile so it sucks more to navigate) to get explicit permisson.

Mind you, I plan to have an entire page or chapter dedicated to sourcing and citing at the very front and first page, so credit will be given immediately upon opening the work.

I'm not sure how that would work. You could probably use it to sort of cite information, but directly copying probably wouldn't be okay with the owners. You could, in theory, send them a message somehow. Maybe mail? Email? Phone call? I've also been planning to write a story about ARK, just to share around the community, but I'm not sure how a book would work. The credits page would probably be a viable way to sort of circumnavigate any legal issues, but I'm no lawyer, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Archived