Single Player Servers Going Off

KingConn

Sounds like distance. On single player maps you have to be closer together. I think there's a way to increase that, but I never fiddled around with it.

If not that then I don't know. I played single player fine solo. Try adjusting the sliders as needed and starting a none single player server. Just make it private for coop.

In the old days the "extra" players on a dedicated server were teleported to be within the radius of what is the tethering distance setting for that server. Dunno if that still obtains?

Who crashes - the person starting the game, the person joining the game, or both? Can either of you play normal single player? Does the game crash when the non dedicated server starts, or only when the second person tries to join. Have you tried the other way around - i.e. you normally start the game with server mode, and the other person joins - as a test do it the other way around.

Ark crashes are in my experience almost always to do with a corrupt install - so a verify of files is always a first step.

If single player is OK for both, and the game launches and plays as a non dedicated server until the second person tries to join, then I would guess at network settings being changed since it last worked - but I have never really messed around with non dedicated servers and cannot really comment on that.

Archived