Item lost during pvp

Tschon

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, Tschon said:

How about instead of losing all your stuff during a battle you only lose an in game currency to the other player. I hope we can battle npc and other players at the same tame or just help other players with npc.

No.
One of the key features to Ark PvP is the winner-takes-all aspect to it.
Current problem is that the winner usually already has everything and the loser has almost nothing and the only point for the winner was just to crush people.

I think the Fjordhawk is a perfect solution though and a must continuing forward into Ark 2.
It adds a way for players to stop losing their gear, and a couple hoops the winners have to jump through to try and get your gear.
In other words, killing your hawk before its out of render distance or tranqing you before killing you.

Some guys raided my base while I was offline, and I was expecting it, so I set up a series of Narcotic Trip Wires.
Well he got hit, the Fjordhawk dismounted and got merced by my turrents... then the server restarted and he got his Fjordhawk back.
Still happened though.
I logged in about 5 minutes into their raid.
They still destroyed everything as they were the Alpha Tribe and I was but a solo player.

• 3 months later...
On 6/17/2022 at 10:16 PM, DeliaHaze20 said:

HELL NO! that is the most not fun idea i have seen the fun part of pvp is the snowballing and to take other players stuff. if you have played other pvp survival games before you would know that.

But in game currency would kill the real life transactions taking place people wouldn't be able to buy dinos with really money if there were shops with an in game currency and we could buy a cryoed Dino from a person shop. Also we could lose currency after losing and the game allows a random drop of your items instead of all of them. I wouldn't mind if I only lost a couple items but to lose an inventory of items just sucks. The fjordhawk helped but I don't feel it's the greatest solution. I honestly just don't want to see the game die because the smaller guys can't compete with the megatribes which is what happened on ark 1

20 hours ago, Tschon said:

But in game currency would kill the real life transactions taking place people wouldn't be able to buy dinos with really money if there were shops with an in game currency and we could buy a cryoed Dino from a person shop. Also we could lose currency after losing and the game allows a random drop of your items instead of all of them. I wouldn't mind if I only lost a couple items but to lose an inventory of items just sucks. The fjordhawk helped but I don't feel it's the greatest solution. I honestly just don't want to see the game die because the smaller guys can't compete with the megatribes which is what happened on ark 1

bro seriously no keep that crap out of ark if you can't handle pvp then go play another game or play unofficial or pve. having a lame in play currency will not fix anything the fact you think real life transactions is a problem right now is weird. also playing solo on official is a high risk its either that or play with people its that simple welcome to online multiplayer bro. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 10:08 AM, Tschon said:

This is exactly what Ark ISN'T about. It's about the difficult journey the survivor endures. It's about the risk and the reward of trying to raid that one base: you might lose a ton of creatures but it's the payout that makes you do it.

There's nothing like Ark in the sense of how hard it can be to live comfortably in the game, but also how easy it is for you to lose all of your progress in hours.

By having people just pumping weight so they can keep everything they ever owned from vanishing, you no longer have the same experience. Now you're left with a "Dinosaur Space Battle Simulator" where people just buy all of their tames. 

And the whole reason megatribes exist, is because they spend the time, and play their cards right to get to the position they're in, NOT by just buying their stuff.

Archived