Dino Grouping not working - Help! :)

DarkViper

Hi guys, I might just be doing something stupid here but having done the standard google search on the matter nothing comes near to actually answering my question to a problem I'm having.

I'm on my own server with some friends (The Island map)

Have say 10 Dinos I want in Group 10 (DPS)

1 Dino in Group 3 (Healer)

So say I select group 3 (Green marker shows above that one creature) and use the "Move Here/Attack this target" key. The dino moves/attacks no problem. However the problem is no matter what group I select from 1,2,4-10 HE STILL "Moves/attacks Here" lol. That also applies to "All Whistles" So "All Follow" etc. So in short groups are useless for me because they ALL do what I whistle for when ever I whistle, no matter what group they're in. Am I being stupid or isn't that what groups are for? What the heck is going on here lol?

Just to clarify as I just thought about this, as it'd be my first comment/question. Yes the green marker/arrow on him ONLY shows when I select Group 3 or None.

Many thanks for any time/responses. I'm at a loss here and don't really want my Daeodon charging in to try and kill an Alpha dragon :P

When you select a group (numpad on PC) the group will be displayed on the screen above the action bar and the green chevrons will be above any dino in that group. Then only that group will heed your whistles. 

So for example, if your DPS group is selected and you whistle move to, all dinos with the green chevron should all run and the other will stay put.

Dinos will still obey previous commands if you switch group, so if you had 'follow all' then switched to another group, the previous would still be following you, but now ignore anything else you command until you switch back to them. 

First things i would try:

• Make sure the correct dinos are in the correct group, its easy to mess that up. 
  • Make sure you are selecting the correct group
  • If any dino has a yellow chevron, it is on 'ignore group whistles'. 

Yeah there is something wrong/not working properly then. For example if I literally just take my Daeodon who is in group 3 out and use him as a test dummy. I can run out with group 3 selected (green chevron, says group 3 above my hotbar) and tell him to attack/move. Works fine. If I then press say group 1 on my numberpad (no green chevron appears, says group 1 above my hotbar) then he still attacks if I say attack/move. :(

Archived