Fjordur Hawk taming not working?

Supremist

22 minutes ago, SAYREX said:

Hi all!

Why doesn't ASM update the server version?

[UPDATER] Updating server from steam.
[UPDATER] Finished server update.
[UPDATER] New server version - FALSE.
[UPDATER] Server version: 346.14

Does everyone have a server version of 346.14?

It's nothing to do with ASM, Wildcard haven't pushed the server update out to unofficials, just looked in the server browser and every one that showed up is 346.14 or older

They did this with Lost Island when they made it possible to feed baby magmas with sulphur, official got the update right away but took a few days for it to get released on Steam

1 hour ago, Fish77 said:

It's nothing to do with ASM, Wildcard haven't pushed the server update out to unofficials, just looked in the server browser and every one that showed up is 346.14 or older

They did this with Lost Island when they made it possible to feed baby magmas with sulphur, official got the update right away but took a few days for it to get released on Steam

Yes, I understand. Official servers have version 346.16.

Thanks for the answer.

On 6/21/2022 at 8:09 AM, Luizza said:

Not in PVE, it's then considered another player's tame and can't be damaged.

Yeah...that. I have hard time understanding why this has to be a thing. I have no idea why the game would have to function differently for PVE than for PVP in this regard. This has made breeding for mutations absolutely miserable in the past. It is such a strange thing to try to learn that I ended up starving and then harvesting THOUSANDS of baby dinos. I no longer play with single player settings, but even with PVE, I would get frustrated trying to simply figure out how to actually cull my own brood. Friendlly fire on...friendly fire off...single player on...single player off...those 4 options of experimentation cost 20 minutes of game loading time just to attempt one kill. 

So here we are again. I noticed poor progress on taming fjordhawks. I figured it might need an alpha kill or maybe a tame sacrifice. Then I saw a few videos. Phlinger Phoo, Syntac, FenderFTW and CJ CheeseDJ all seemed to have luck using tamed ovis. I actually had a pair so I bred some. I sacrificed at least 6 ovis on 3-4 occassions and not one bite of taming happened.

It's been two weeks...really? Nerfed already? Sorry, I got Arked hard at least twice and lost 2 days to building and losing a boat that got stick on one ice pebble and something else I seem to be blocking from memory. Gee...I guess I should have hurried along a bit.  Honestly, if a horde of angry beaver do not return to that valley and I cannot tame at least one level 25 from standing in a trap and shooting beaver, I am at a loss and y'all can keep the dang fjordhawk.

P.S.   Please stop listening to Syntac when he says something is broken. He has played from day one and he is probably just bored.

55 minutes ago, Woody714 said:

So here we are again. I noticed poor progress on taming fjordhawks. I figured it might need an alpha kill or maybe a tame sacrifice. Then I saw a few videos. Phlinger Phoo, Syntac, FenderFTW and CJ CheeseDJ all seemed to have luck using tamed ovis. I actually had a pair so I bred some. I sacrificed at least 6 ovis on 3-4 occassions and not one bite of taming happened.

I tamed my first fjordhawk last night, lvl 60 and with an elixir it took 7 bred ovis. Couple of things to note, I used the slaughter function to kill the ovis and I had maxed them all out in hp and let them heal up before I killed. Dunno if that's relevant or not tbh,but thought it might be.

58 minutes ago, Woody714 said:

P.S.   Please stop listening to Syntac when he says something is broken. He has played from day one and he is probably just bored.

+1 he doesn't play like the rest of us do, it's all about entertainment, not entertaining himself.

He doesn't use the same creatures as we would for a task, because he is an entertainer, not just playing Ark. Taking a Bary into a cave instead of a desmodus is not something a normal player would do, please devs don't take what he does as representative of normal gameplay.

He plays in 3rd person a lot just 'cos it looks better on camera, real players never do that. I hope to god the devs didn't think we all play in 3rd person from watching him.

I do find him entertaining and watch him, but if the devs are watching him as a normal player it will take them way, WAY off course.

21 minutes ago, Luizza said:

+1 he doesn't play like the rest of us do, it's all about entertainment, not entertaining himself.

He doesn't use the same creatures as we would for a task, because he is an entertainer, not just playing Ark. Taking a Bary into a cave instead of a desmodus is not something a normal player would do, please devs don't take what he does as representative of normal gameplay.

He plays in 3rd person a lot just 'cos it looks better on camera, real players never do that. I hope to god the devs didn't think we all play in 3rd person from watching him.

I do find him entertaining and watch him, but if the devs are watching him as a normal player it will take them way, WAY off course.

I like the baryonyx for caving. It's an awesome mount. But yeah...

• Like 1

On PVE other players can attack and reset your taming progress.  A beach bob started punching a trike I killed for the hawk and punched the hawk resetting my progress to 0%.  Also I was able to gain affinity by feeding it a dead sheep but after it was already gaining taming affinity from wild creatures.

Edited by ChrisMaudDib

• 3 weeks later...

I was given s Frey Hawk and I have noticed that when I die it does not bring me my corpses contents back is this a bug I’m on Raganork   PVE server 455 PS4 console official server map it works  on server 1840 EU as I have one there with s different character than this server  thr hawk remains where I die I have it set not following and passive  I changed to followinh noe but still passive do I need to change to different setting 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

is there any update on this? im on official fjordur server and does not matter if i kill the wild dinos myself on foot or with a tame and then jumping off, the taming does not even start. it eats the corpse and nothing happens, ive tried kinda every kind of killing, killing while sitting on, sending tame to attack and kill, killing it myself with a crossbow, nothing works

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...