Is Ark: Evolved survival official servers pay to win?

pesk

There is no official P2W with some exceptions.

Non official servers can have all sorts of mods, kits and currency which you can buy from there websites. Some servers can put you back hundreds to buy all sorts of things.

RMT is very popular on official servers with all sorts of top dinos and building materials for sale, its against the TOS but without any enforcement its very low risk so therefore very popular. 

You could argue that the DLC expansions give advantage but most useful dinos are available in most maps now.

It actualy still is since I have not seen Striders on any oher map yet so without the DLC you do have a disadvantage over people that bought DLC.

You can use dinos from other DLCs even if you dont own the map itself. Useable stryders start around 100 tek ceilings for example and are well worth it. Imho Gen II might have a taste of p2w because of  the easy element access, but thats anopther story.

On 6/14/2022 at 2:07 AM, pesk said:

I just noticed that the game was 100% in my Steam store. Is this game pay to win? And by the way I don't count cosmetics as pay to win. Thank you in advance.

No, it is not. It is a survival game. If you have never played it before, I would recommend trying out in single player mode first to get a good feel of what it is like. Let me tell you this tho, if you are looking for a challenge, this will test you until you start to get the hang of things.
My best advice, is sometimes its ok to let a kit get away from you early game. No need to die over and over again just for a primitive stone pick ax.

Archived