Anyone else see Party Dodos?

GregoPeck

20 minutes ago, Taramafor said:

I noticed this on lost island too. Along with santa gacha (they wear santa hats). It could be the devs have some with hats because they just released the map (calls for a party).

Is there a way to disable this if/when it happens? I like my immersion.

I think Lost Island was the other map I was thinking of, but it's been a while. As for Gacha Claus, the map was relatively new during the Winter Wonderland event. It's the map I played the event on. It'd make sense for them to be there in a single player game that hasn't been visited since then.

I was afraid all the Dodos were Party Dodos, but I found some regular ones. The cake they carry is pretty much worthless to me.

Thanks for helping confirm that erroneous Party Dodo spawns aren't a new issue.

If you want to replace them, you'd have to make a config edit. Look for the Game.ini file under the folder "...ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\" then under the line at the top, which is "[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]", you want to add "NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Dodo_Character_BP_Birthday_C",ToClassName="")" so that the top two lines in the file look like this:

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Dodo_Character_BP_Birthday_C",ToClassName="")

The above line under the header will replace Party Dodo spawns with something else (unspecified in this example). You'd want to use the "destroywilddinos" command to get your population to respawn and they should be gone after that, although this currently seems like an erroneous spawn to me. I could be wrong, maybe they just have them spawning during these times.

If you need help w/ that config stuff, let know. This is a single player mode example, so if you're playing on a server, this won't help unless you're the one who set up it's config.

I created a bug report: 

I found an older post where I noticed this:

Archived