Noob asking Breeding stats question

Evhsi

Hello guys, I’m just a beach bob of ark, recently I’m breeding argy and I found out that the baby argy have different melee than his parent. The mother has 295.7% and 354.3% of the father, but the baby without mutation has 355.2% with no imprint. So I want to ask why will this happen and I can’t find anything certain answer on internet. Pls help me!

3 hours ago, Evhsi said:

Hello guys, I’m just a beach bob of ark, recently I’m breeding argy and I found out that the baby argy have different melee than his parent. The mother has 295.7% and 354.3% of the father, but the baby without mutation has 355.2% with no imprint. So I want to ask why will this happen and I can’t find anything certain answer on internet. Pls help me!

It looks like the baby inherited it's melee stat from the father.

When you tamed the father the taming effectiveness was some number less than 100%. Even a perfect tame, using only kibble, will not have 100% taming effectiveness. For example, if you kibble tame a Lvl 150 argy under normal taming rates the taming effectiveness ends up at 98.7%, or if you tame it during x2 taming rates then the taming effectiveness will be 99.6%.

When you breed wild dinos the melee that is calculated for the parent will always be slightly lower than the melee that is calculated for the offspring, because the parent it tamed with 98.7% efficiency but the offspring is "tamed" (hatched) with 100% efficiency.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Breeding#Stats_of_the_Offspring

"The stat-values (not the stat-levels) of the offspring are calculated like for a creature that was just tamed with a 100% taming effectiveness with the taming effectiveness bonuses applied."

1 小时之前, Pipinghot 说:

When you tamed the father the taming effectiveness was some number less than 100%. Even a perfect tame, using only kibble, will not have 100% taming effectiveness. For example, if you kibble tame a Lvl 150 argy under normal taming rates the taming effectiveness ends up at 98.7%, or if you tame it during x2 taming rates then the taming effectiveness will be 99.6%.

When you breed wild dinos the melee that is calculated for the parent will always be slightly lower than the melee that is calculated for the offspring, because the parent it tamed with 98.7% efficiency but the offspring is "tamed" (hatched) with 100% efficiency.

"The stat-values (not the stat-levels) of the offspring are calculated like for a creature that was just tamed with a 100% taming effectiveness with the taming effectiveness bonuses applied."

But why 

1 小时之前, Pipinghot 说:

Sorry, Why other stats are the same but only the melee stat will different? If the taming effectiveness is 100% should be affect all the stats?

The melee stat for many creatures is specifically programmed to get a bonus based on taming effectiveness; babies get that bonus as if they had 100% taming effectiveness.  The other stats are not programed to give a bonus, so they don't.  Some stats for certain creatures may have their own additive or subtractive adjustments, i.e. a tame giga has 63k less health than a wild giga with the same number of levels/points in health.

Archived