Ark 2's mentioned mechanics

Morikar

Thats pretty nice what we've gotten so far. The information of the mechanics alone are pretty damn nice to hear and imagine. Wouldn't think Exclusive Third person would be a thing but I could think of a few reasons why that is. There seems to be a lot more thought and consideration for both PvE and PvP. I think us Ark Folk have that hope we all were dreaming, about Ark 2 being THE ark we wanted. However that doesn't mean the "Repeat Offenders" is completely eliminated just yet. Now I just wanna say: I wouldn't even care if this game is postponed to 2025. So long as they get it right take as long as you need. I don't care how much the game will be. If you need to charge above the 60$ triple A standard price for it. Go nuts, so long as you get the game right. Now I wanna discuss the possible "Repeat Offenders" of what we might see. Now again so far so good. I see no problems at all with what mechanics they mentioned that will be in Ark 2. It all checks out,

So Repeat Offenders (I don't think that's an actual term but I feel like its a good description) are the things that bothered me the absolute most and many people who may agree or disagree that it bothered them to. First thing I hope that doesn't become a thing, Is making a wild dinosaur so incredibly powerful but when you tame it its basically as weak as a common dinosaur. To me that doesn't make sense. Since there are no tameables in the previous game I feel like the better option is, if your going to nerf it as heavily as a Giganotosaurus after tame. Maybe just don't make it tameable at all. (Of course thats assuming there are going to be untameables).

What I also hope that doesn't become a thing is making certain items and dinosaurs main purpose of existence cater to only one specific game mode when there is 2 game modes. So there are chunk of dinosaurs and weapons that have abilities and high crafting costs exclusive to PvP. Normally that's okay, but when you have a second game mode to consider and you outright ignore it by continuing to develop items and dinosaurs for that specific mode way after the PvE mode shows that you are either lazy or have no consideration for the other people who prefer to not have to wake up one morning and the months of progress they made erased. Its also so annoying that when a dinosaur comes out and its too powerful they nerf it so hard and the nerf only applies (usually) in PvP only, when in PvE its not a big enough deal or that much of an issue yet the nerf is applied to the PvE players as well. (I understand when you play a game type like this things like all your tames dying and buildings destroyed are expected to happen when your not there to defend it. This is more to shed light on the fact that they did make the effort to add a different game mode but continued to build the game like as if it never existed.) I don't expect you to eliminate that completely, I just would like to be able to use all the items and dinosaurs I have access to on the different game mode and have their purpose be slightly altered or versatile between the two modes all around. Otherwise don't have a PvE mode.

Now they seem to be pretty open about the people who mod the game and are fully aware of their creativity and fully expect people to make mods for Ark 2. So much so that they want those mods implemented onto console. Thats pretty awesome, I'm hoping that having those mods won't cause the game to grow so unstable it causes a crash almost every time one wants to upload their character and transfer in and out in Singleplayer. Summing up: Hoping to see the game more stabilized (I understand mods are volatile by themselves and it doesn't work the same way as a normal game does. But there are games, assuming the mod amount is tame like mine was, can run without consistent crashing. Note I said "Consistent").

Now the #1 thing I don't wanna see above everything that this company has done when Ark 2 comes out is: Poor communication between the fanbase and the studio themselves. I am exclusively talking about feedback. A lot of people have issues with Ark 1 and its problems, and sometimes its very hard to determine what the issues are when people are angry or incoherent and they can't pinpoint where the issue is. However a lot of communication that occurs between the studio and the fanbase trying to report issues seems like it gets flat out ignored. I feel like a simple tweet on twitter or even a post from a guy as the messenger from the studio that states "Hey listen this X Y Z issue can not be fixed due to complications with A B C" and we no longer would feel the need to report the same issue that might pile up and bury more serious issues. Now the studio among themselves I have heard a lot of people say (and when playing Ark 1 it shows) that there is generally poor management when it came to the making of the first Ark and thats why there were so many naming inconsistencies. Those very same inconsistencies shows that no one communicated to the person or people who were in charge of making Saddles for dinosaurs were not informed of the name changes that may have happened during development in the studio itself. With all that being said. I hope we can see more proper communication between if not the fanbase giving feed back on issues at least more proper communication amongst themselves.

Those are the MAIN problems that I feel like many people would agree on, However if you disagree (or even had the time to read this book lol) tell me why. I'd be super curious as to why you believe its not as bad as im making it seem. I will say that I do hate a lot of the other things that happen in Ark 1 as well such as: Mei Yin being able to bring a Giganotosaurus to a boss fight but players cant. Flyers can't all of a sudden fly in a cave. Not being able to use certain items in certain boss fights and having limitations to those boss fights. However all of that can be easily worked around and its possible to progress with those "Mini Offenders" i'll call them, because they couldn't quite figure out how to make those fights or caves with the intended difficulty they wanted with flyers and boses being unrestricted so if they decide to keep all that the same it wouldn't really be a problem or migraine inducing as the major things I listed above are (for me anyway).

One more little sum up is: Ark 2 is going to be a Survival Game. We need to use what we can and what were allowed to make to our advantage if we are to survive. So I hope I don't see any items being unusable because of boss fights or specific cave areas. But again if they do its not a big deal. So! With all that being said, Ark 2 is going to be a completely brand new experience and just like the developers themselves said "Its the Game that Ark 1 could have been" I honestly can't wait to see what they do with the intended mechanics their going to achieve. I absolutely believe they are going to learn from all the mistakes they made and they will polish and care for this game thrice as hard as they did for Ark 1. I hope everyone is just as excited for Ark 2 cause I'm so looking forward to how far it will take them, Cause I'll confidently say it'll take them twice as far as Ark 1 did. I believe in all of you! This all comes from someone whos played over 4,700 in total hours across Xbox, PC, and Switch.

15 hours ago, Morikar said:

Thats pretty nice what we've gotten so far. The information of the mechanics alone are pretty damn nice to hear and imagine. Wouldn't think Exclusive Third person would be a thing but I could think of a few reasons why that is. There seems to be a lot more thought and consideration for both PvE and PvP. I think us Ark Folk have that hope we all were dreaming, about Ark 2 being THE ark we wanted. However that doesn't mean the "Repeat Offenders" is completely eliminated just yet. Now I just wanna say: I wouldn't even care if this game is postponed to 2025. So long as they get it right take as long as you need. I don't care how much the game will be. If you need to charge above the 60$ triple A standard price for it. Go nuts, so long as you get the game right. Now I wanna discuss the possible "Repeat Offenders" of what we might see. Now again so far so good. I see no problems at all with what mechanics they mentioned that will be in Ark 2. It all checks out, So Repeat Offenders (I don't think that's an actual term but I feel like its a good description) are the things that bothered me the absolute most and many people who may agree or disagree that it bothered them to. First thing I hope that doesn't become a thing, Is making a wild dinosaur so incredibly powerful but when you tame it its basically as weak as a common dinosaur. To me that doesn't make sense. Since there are no tameables in the previous game I feel like the better option is, if your going to nerf it as heavily as a Giganotosaurus after tame. Maybe just don't make it tameable at all. (Of course thats assuming there are going to be untameables). What I also hope that doesn't become a thing is making certain items and dinosaurs main purpose of existence cater to only one specific game mode when there is 2 game modes. So there are chunk of dinosaurs and weapons that have abilities and high crafting costs exclusive to PvP. Normally that's okay, but when you have a second game mode to consider and you outright ignore it by continuing to develop items and dinosaurs for that specific mode way after the PvE mode shows that you are either lazy or have no consideration for the other people who prefer to not have to wake up one morning and the months of progress they made erased. Its also so annoying that when a dinosaur comes out and its too powerful they nerf it so hard and the nerf only applies (usually) in PvP only, when in PvE its not a big enough deal or that much of an issue yet the nerf is applied to the PvE players as well. (I understand when you play a game type like this things like all your tames dying and buildings destroyed are expected to happen when your not there to defend it. This is more to shed light on the fact that they did make the effort to add a different game mode but continued to build the game like as if it never existed.) I don't expect you to eliminate that completely, I just would like to be able to use all the items and dinosaurs I have access to on the different game mode and have their purpose be slightly altered or versatile between the two modes all around. Otherwise don't have a PvE mode. Now they seem to be pretty open about the people who mod the game and are fully aware of their creativity and fully expect people to make mods for Ark 2. So much so that they want those mods implemented onto console. Thats pretty awesome, I'm hoping that having those mods won't cause the game to grow so unstable it causes a crash almost every time one wants to upload their character and transfer in and out in Singleplayer. Summing up: Hoping to see the game more stabilized (I understand mods are volatile by themselves and it doesn't work the same way as a normal game does. But there are games, assuming the mod amount is tame like mine was, can run without consistent crashing. Note I said "Consistent"). Now the #1 thing I don't wanna see above everything that this company has done when Ark 2 comes out is: Poor communication between the fanbase and the studio themselves. I am exclusively talking about feedback. A lot of people have issues with Ark 1 and its problems, and sometimes its very hard to determine what the issues are when people are angry or incoherent and they can't pinpoint where the issue is. However a lot of communication that occurs between the studio and the fanbase trying to report issues seems like it gets flat out ignored. I feel like a simple tweet on twitter or even a post from a guy as the messenger from the studio that states "Hey listen this X Y Z issue can not be fixed due to complications with A B C" and we no longer would feel the need to report the same issue that might pile up and bury more serious issues. Now the studio among themselves I have heard a lot of people say (and when playing Ark 1 it shows) that there is generally poor management when it came to the making of the first Ark and thats why there were so many naming inconsistencies. Those very same inconsistencies shows that no one communicated to the person or people who were in charge of making Saddles for dinosaurs were not informed of the name changes that may have happened during development in the studio itself. With all that being said. I hope we can see more proper communication between if not the fanbase giving feed back on issues at least more proper communication amongst themselves. Those are the MAIN problems that I feel like many people would agree on, However if you disagree (or even had the time to read this book lol) tell me why. I'd be super curious as to why you believe its not as bad as im making it seem. I will say that I do hate a lot of the other things that happen in Ark 1 as well such as: Mei Yin being able to bring a Giganotosaurus to a boss fight but players cant. Flyers can't all of a sudden fly in a cave. Not being able to use certain items in certain boss fights and having limitations to those boss fights. However all of that can be easily worked around and its possible to progress with those "Mini Offenders" i'll call them, because they couldn't quite figure out how to make those fights or caves with the intended difficulty they wanted with flyers and boses being unrestricted so if they decide to keep all that the same it wouldn't really be a problem or migraine inducing as the major things I listed above are (for me anyway). One more little sum up is: Ark 2 is going to be a Survival Game. We need to use what we can and what were allowed to make to our advantage if we are to survive. So I hope I don't see any items being unusable because of boss fights or specific cave areas. But again if they do its not a big deal. So! With all that being said, Ark 2 is going to be a completely brand new experience and just like the developers themselves said "Its the Game that Ark 1 could have been" I honestly can't wait to see what they do with the intended mechanics their going to achieve. I absolutely believe they are going to learn from all the mistakes they made and they will polish and care for this game thrice as hard as they did for Ark 1. I hope everyone is just as excited for Ark 2 cause I'm so looking forward to how far it will take them, Cause I'll confidently say it'll take them twice as far as Ark 1 did. I believe in all of you! This all comes from someone whos played over 4,700 in total hours across Xbox, PC, and Switch.

Please EDIT this and use a bit of formatting.
Realy, I tried to read it but a wall like this must have been the inspiration for the Cinese ages ago: It keeps everybody out.

16 hours ago, Kobayudon said:

In other words, is there a problem with a sandbox survival game where freedom is the main selling point, but the freedom is intentionally reduced?

I know this is abrupt again, but my wish is for a system to report bugs in-game, not in the browser.

You know what though? The restriction of freedom is barely a concern (compared to the other major said above stuff). And a lot of those design choices I'd bet my Ark Hours that it was because of PvP. And itd be completely... well still questionable but still fine since that design choice was intended for a specific mode, But theres a second mode where having those design choices doesn't really have their original intention and its just annoying. 

12 hours ago, Morikar said:

You know what though? The restriction of freedom is barely a concern (compared to the other major said above stuff). And a lot of those design choices I'd bet my Ark Hours that it was because of PvP. And itd be completely... well still questionable but still fine since that design choice was intended for a specific mode, But theres a second mode where having those design choices doesn't really have their original intention and its just annoying. 

Thank you so much for explaining.
It is true that it is generally undesirable for a WC to focus too much on a particular mode and have it affect other modes.

Archived