Genesis Mod Map...

Fifakingz2580

4 minutes ago, Fifakingz2580 said:

Hi, can you not play this without DLC? It's the steampunk insprired city mod map that exisited before DLC.  If you need the DLC why have I played other mods or maps that have DLC items and never had an issue.  When I try and load the map on SP it kicks me to DLC steam overlay page.

I'm not sure what you mean by "mod" map. All of the maps except for The Island, the original map, are considered to be "DLC" or "DLC maps". Some of them are free (Center, Ragnarok, etc.) some of them must be purchased ( Scorched Earth, Genesis 1 & 2, etc.). As long as you have purchased access to Genesis you should be able to play on it, whether in single player, Official, Unofficial or whatever. There is no relationship between Genesis and any other map, either you have purchased access to it or you haven't.

I realize that I might have just stating the obvious up above, but it was worth saying before asking you this follow up question:

Which specific items are you talking about, and which map are you on where you're having trouble accessing certain "DLC items"?

On 6/13/2022 at 7:11 PM, Fifakingz2580 said:

Hi, can you not play this without DLC? It's the steampunk insprired city mod map that exisited before DLC.  If you need the DLC why have I played other mods or maps that have DLC items and never had an issue.  When I try and load the map on SP it kicks me to DLC steam overlay page.

You probably need DLC for it, unintentionally, given the same name. The problem with the Twitch RP mod map is that the name file is the same as Genesis, and it causes a weird interference where you can no longer really load the map if you don't actually have it. But the map had other problems as soon as Gen 1 hit .

Archived