Does the new map really take 238.9 gigs?

sjskdjkfa

There are 4 values in the screen shot you posted above...

Data Downloaded so far / Total file size                        HD space remaining / Total HD space available 

In summation you need to download 14.4 GB but you only have 8.3 GB available.  You need to remove one of the other DLC maps to free up space or get a larger drive if you want all ARK maps installed.

22 minutes ago, TheBlueB0mber said:

There are 4 values in the screen shot you posted above...

Data Downloaded so far / Total file size                        HD space remaining / Total HD space available 

In summation you need to download 14.4 GB but you only have 8.3 GB available.  You need to remove one of the other DLC maps to free up space or get a larger drive if you want all ARK maps installed.

This is not correct.  The second set of values is tied to the files being updated on the HD, not space remaining and available.  IE his update in that screen shot has updated 8.3gb of 238.9  The 8.3gb (first half of those two numbers) will keep climbing until it's finished updating (reaches 238.9GB).

Argh FFS man, Ark updates are absolutely painful.

Sure the download is relatively small.  But somehow it needs to mess around with the disc for what seems like an actual day.

"GIT GUD SSD".   OK...  I have 250GB and I guess that's not "heaps", with Windows eating a chunk of it.  But Ark would take the entire thing, if it would even fit, and it's nice to have other games sharing the SSD love.  Ugh.

On 6/12/2022 at 11:56 PM, DarTheBear said:

I uninstalled my whole ark file and am re-downloading it.  My total download is 399.5 gigs.

If you go into properties it will have all the maps ticked by default (provided you got the maps/DLC).

You can pick and choose what maps to have downloaded. Cutting down on how much space it takes ono the comp. They're all ticked by default.

Archived