Redefining the Survival Genre with ARK 2 and an Update from our Studio Founders

StudioWildcard

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lots of 'extra stuff' and a pve enemy too let alone the parkour elements good luck with ping and server latency with this stuff ... its hard enough jumping over lava pools sometimes let alone timing dodges in a big game like what they are promoting ... plus sheesh gonna need a new comp for this - hell everyone will lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MercuryHoward said:

The dinosaurs are actually reasonably accurate scientifically, yet look absolutely awesome. If nothing else this game will look amazing even if the gameplay or performance is lacking.

That’s what people said about ARK 1, 7 years later we still pay the price.  The potential is there with the unreal engine 5.  Honestly if EVERYTHING they listed is ACTUALLY in the game, I may be all in myself.  Also as a 6 1/2 year, 10k-ish hour player, I’m trying not to get too hyped.  All of us who stayed from early access have had our hearts broken before, let’s see if you can deliver guys, we really hope you do.  Everything you listed in regards to mechanics is what ARK 1 should have been.  Also, THANK YOU for delaying ARK 2!!!  
     Just throwing it out there, I CHALLENGE VIN DIESEL TO A GIGA WRANGLING!!!  That’s my jam, been taming gigas solo since 2016.

Looking forward to it guys, MAKE IT HAPPEN CAP’N

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Now i am excited to see whats to come, and that k mode is going to be gone becuase that is realy broken in pvp.

But that brings me to the next thing, is there going to be pvp?

Are the rates going to be better then on ark1 official also for tames?( I played 3 years on official before scorged came out, but we all stopped becuase it's ark and no live or live( i hope servers with a littel bit more time for real live as wel maybe like boosted ORP or something so that people not only offline raid or make mega tribes.

Wil pvp and pve be not locked together like nerfs for pve affecting pvp and the other way around?

Wil there be a good anti cheat system? hopefully no meshing/duping.

29 minutes ago, Ferchi said:

Pro tip:

HEAR THE COMMUNITTY (Don't make the same mistakes like ARK 1)

This. It was really discourging to see the dev team had to be pushed by community hard to address the problems player had with the game. 
The constructive and frequent communication is the key to healthy Early Access; I hope the communication won't disappear after few months into that period like in ARK 1 did for a while.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Smittak99 said:

But that brings me to the next thing, is there going to be pvp?

Well, there's this:

"ARK 2 draws heavily from Souls-like action for its human-scale combat: an emphasis on dodges, blocks, light and heavy attacks, combos, and player-reflex skill – a rarity for the PvP survival genre."

Seems to pretty much imply there will be PvP.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferchi said:

Pro tip:

HEAR THE COMMUNITTY (Don't make the same mistakes like ARK 1)

30 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

This. It was really discourging to see the dev team had to be pushed by community hard to address the problems player had with the game. 
The constructive and frequent communication is the key to healthy Early Access; I hope the communication won't disappear after few months into that period like in ARK 1 did for a while.

Can you guys not spell?

However! They said modders can re enable first person, it will still not be on function on official servers so a big tribe (also still known as megatribes) are f.... Again, in big pvp yes its true you use 3rd person for dino riding thats an important aspect of the game but on foot you should be by the base game able to be go into first person. Dont change too much from the original ark, just make it greater

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cedric said:

Hey thanks for reporting this.  This is all updated now!  Have a look!

Hey Ced, while we have you here you mind if I pick your brain on the teams decision to make the fenrir incapable of breeding? Considering the work that has to get put in just to get them it just strikes me as weird that we won't be able to do much with them unless we risk the chance something happens that kills them. 

Wow team Wildcard!

I really liked that you are going with a 3rd person approach, it keeps both games Ark 1 and 2 distinct and in all honesty I was not expecting it. 3rd person is essential for melee combat.

Souls like combat has caught my attention here and I really spent a whole lot of time on a recent open world souls like game in a way I hadn't in a long time, about half of that community has fallen to my blade! With the added awesomeness of dinosaurs, it can draw me even further. I feel sorry for all those brave opponents I will fell, specially COD players, I shred them like butter, they are not used to melee. LOL. XD

Exploring the narrative is something I always felt it was missing in Ark 1, so this part is particularly interesting to me. I wonder where will you take us?

Thank you very much for waiting this long before releasing ARK 2, I was not ready when you announced it, but now as time is passing I feel am ready for something new and fresh. 

Thank you for supporting Ark 1 as long as you did (and still do!), I loved my dedicated server experience both with friends and solo.

Thank you for the many "coolness" mixed together, with dinosaurs, robots, mythical and alien creatures, it's been fun, its ok if Ark 2 goes another direction, but I appreciate this experience nonetheless, it has been unique.

Thank you for the "age progression" on tech, it was awesome going from nothing to Apex Tek.

I wish you all much success, I feel ready for a new experience and with these fundamentals you shared, it seems something really cool is coming our way. Loved it. 

I love my Tek, but heck, with these features I can trade it for a new experience, plus we can always mod it back in with such talented teams out there. Time to reach out to old friends and get conversations started again.

Take care!

Siete i migliori, ascoltate sempre le richieste dei fan ,addirittura migliorerete il gioco per nintendo come vi avevano chiesto tempo fa ,grazie di cuore per quello che fate è il mio gioco preferito e lo resterà per sempre e voi programmatori anche! Ah vorrei tanto  una skin dell'armatura del rex di ark 2 su ark 1 🙏🙏🙏

Very bummed about the third-person-only.  This is not how I play ARK and would much prefer the ARK 1 system of switching between the two on the fly as the situation dictates.  I feel like any game where you are shooting something needs a first-person option.  I've played like 10,000 hours of ARK so there's no way I'd skip trying ARK 2 but I'm not hopeful it will suck me in if it is 3rd person only as I've never been able to stick with other 3rd person games in the past.

• Like 2