Ark Dedicated Server Help

Teisen

Hello! I've been hosting my own cluster on ASM for a while now, mainly running Ragnarok. I play on the same PC that I host the server from. A while back, I added Genesis II to the cluster, but ever since then, I've been getting extremely bad lag spikes. They're so frequent and prolonged that the game has become nigh unplayable. I never run more than two servers at one time. My specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: 2070 Super
I'm also running an SSD.

When I open Task Manager, I get a pretty high Memory usage, usually anywhere from 90-100%. These are the numbers I'm getting:

unknown.png

Would someone be able to help me fix the lag issues that I'm having? I tried to provide as much info as possible. Let me know if I left out anything that might help fix the issue. Thanks!

The processes you're showing are using about 5GB RAM and the total in use is 96%, but you have 16GB installed.    5GB is approx 31% of 16GB.

96% RAM use isn't good for smooth running of servers as the system will be page-swapping frequently to keep some space free.  That could explain the 8% disk use.
92% CPU use is also likely to induce lag.

You might have some faulty RAM...  run the Windows memory checker https://www.windowscentral.com/how-check-your-pc-memory-problems-windows-10
Or you might be running too many programs.  Try closing Discord, ACT, Snip Tool, and Chrome.

You really can't run dedicated server for 2 maps plus play the game itself on the same machine with only 16GB of RAM. You need at least 6GB but preferably 8GB of RAM per map you want to run just. Add in the minimum requirements for the game client on top of that and you'll see that 16GB of total RAM to run two instances plus the game client is nowhere near enough. I have an ARK dedicated server running 8 maps in a cluster using 8 cores and 64GB RAM. With all instances online, RAM usage is about 62GB.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but you're really going to need a dedicated server. Or, at minimum, you need to increase the RAM in your machine. I'd recommend 32GB minimum.

Archived