Rexs and Brontos are beginner tames.

Arkal

Noob’s Guide to Ark.

If you are good at the game you can get a Rex on day 2 & a Bronto on day 3. **Tested on Lost Island. Here’s how. Day 1 you are collecting berries and taming a parasaur and pteranodon. Day 2 you collected enough berries to get yourself tons of narco berries & using your pteranodon or spear you gather tons of raw meat that you can collectively make into Tranq Arrows. Then get on a cliff and shoot a Rex and bam you have yourself a Rex. **Starting off on the far right side of map with dozens of Ovis is best. Day 3 you do the same but now you have a Rex to gather the meat to spoil. Get on a cliff and shoot 80 arrows into a bronto. Bam you have yourself a berry gatherer and a meat gatherer. Very simple. ** I know you’d need a already leveled up character for some engrams but you can follow a note-run to do that and delay everything by 1 Day. 

2 hours ago, Arkal said:

Noob’s Guide to Ark.

If you are good at the game you can get a Rex on day 2 & a Bronto on day 3. **Tested on Lost Island. Here’s how. Day 1 you are collecting berries and taming a parasaur and pteranodon. Day 2 you collected enough berries to get yourself tons of narco berries & using your pteranodon or spear you gather tons of raw meat that you can collectively make into Tranq Arrows. Then get on a cliff and shoot a Rex and bam you have yourself a Rex. **Starting off on the far right side of map with dozens of Ovis is best. Day 3 you do the same but now you have a Rex to gather the meat to spoil. Get on a cliff and shoot 80 arrows into a bronto. Bam you have yourself a berry gatherer and a meat gatherer. Very simple. ** I know you’d need a already leveled up character for some engrams but you can follow a note-run to do that and delay everything by 1 Day. 

I literally just tamed a bronto on day 3 on just the original island map......if you really wanna work it, its probably possible on day one, at least in single player. But you will have put everything else on hold. Leveling up, anky for metal, this that and the other. And most importantly a base.
Now with that said, there is not much you can do about getting that "perfect 150" And honestly if you do get lucky if one spawns in just the right spot. If you try to go for it, its going to take a hundred tranq arrows, then its probably going to take an entire day in game for it to eat all the mejo's you can feed it. And probably needs to be narcoe'd as well.
Same for the rex, best hope is a low level. However with the sheep meat, you may have an easier time. Even without mods to prevent them all from spoiling at once

4 hours ago, Arkal said:

Noob’s Guide to Ark.

If you are good at the game...

That's not a "Noob's Guide" it's for people who are "good at the game", those are two different groups of people.

Very few people who are new to the game will be able to understand what you're talking about and even fewer will be able to do it. People who are good at the game already know all of this.

33 minutes ago, Dreadcthulhu said:

Any new player reading this should look up Captain Fatdogs rex trap on Youtube - all it needs are 14 stone pillars, nothing else.  Set one down and rex taming gets a lot easier. 

I love that one, goes well on a raft together with his argy trap ;)

For my first Rex tamed on official I used wooden fence supports, set up in a V-shape and 2 high. No need to look for the perfect cliff. Works for a lot of dino's and if needed you can even wall them in after knocking them down to protect them. Fence supports are very underrated early game.

Archived