Fix Genesis 1 Notes not being unlocked!

Atlantis

I've been farming the notes on all maps after the update that will give +10 levels.

But Genesis 1 Notes were broken! Would not unlock on a character that I've done all glitches with. And for a new character one would unlock and one wouldn't. Very random. This is all on Official Servers.

This 'fix' didn't work!

v678.51 - 09/17/2021

• Fixed a bug where Explorer Notes would not unlock properly on Genesis Part 1 and Genesis Part 2. Any missing Genesis Part 2 note can be re-collected, and Genesis Part 1 notes should be fixed retroactively however may require you to respawn on Genesis Part 1.

So I gave up for a long time.

Until yesterday. I decided to mess around the with local player profile. I made a backup and logged into Genesis 1 with my first character.

To my surprise the buff for XP showed up in the bottom right corner (lasting 89393.9 seconds). And the missing Gen1 notes were unlocked.

I exited Ark and restored my local profile file. The notes were still unlocked! I had to repeat this step once more because 1 note (story #40) wasn't unlocked. But repeating the process did fix that! I'm guessing it's a max amount that can be done. Who knows.

The file you will be looking for is PlayerLocalData.arkprofile in %programfiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\LocalProfiles\

Make a backup! Rename the file or move it to a safe location first.

Any questions, ask!

Hope this helps others getting the +10 levels!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived