Community Crunch 319: Fjordur Launch Recap, Conquest Updates, and More!

StudioWildcard

Welcome to another edition of the Community Crunch!

We are absolutely ecstatic about Fjordur launching in less than 2 days!! To help everyone get prepared for the occasion we're spending some time recapping the details of the newest free DLC map, including a new look at Fenrir, a mysterious wolf-like creature that's native to Fjordur!

fjordurlaunchdetails.png

ARK_Fjordur_logo_2560x1440.jpg

On June 12th at 10:00 AM PDT, get ready to traverse a fantastical multi-layered wonderland with a frosty Nordic theme!  We've put together all the details that will prepare you for the launch of the free DLC map, Fjordur!

launchdate_fj.png

• All Platforms: June 12th, 2022 10:00AM PDT (17:00 UTC)

estimatedpatch.png

• PC / EGS: ~20GB
  • XBOX: ~40GB
  • Playstation: TBD

transferrestrictions.png

• Character Upload/Download is enabled
  • Item/Dino Upload is enabled
  • Item/Dino Download is disabled  

forsteam.png

• Please ensure to uninstall the Fjordur mod from the Steam Workshop prior to downloading Fjordur (if you already have the mod installed)

forgamehosts.png

• Map Name: Fjordur
  • Please ensure to wipe any servers that were previously hosting the Fjordur map as it has undergone significant changes that will impact the world.

creaturesandskins.png

fenrirsub_r.png

ARK_Fjordur_Fenrir_Promo_Logo_1920x1080.jpg

Much of what is known of Fenrir comes from tales passed down from previous Survivors but this elusive creature has managed to avoid being documented in the form of a dossier.  What we do know is: Fenrir does not respond to conventional taming methods. If you are able to capture and ride Fenrir, you'll be able to freeze your enemies in their steps.

andrew_sub.png

ARK_Fjordur_Andrewsarchus_v2_Social_Post_1920x1080.jpg

Andrewsarchus makes its way to Fjordur packing an arsenal of utility!  Andrewsarchus may seem sluggish while foraging for a meal, but they can move unexpectedly fast when provoked. Once tamed, its saddle will allow you to mount a minigun to the back of it!

Click to view the dossier for Andrewsarchus

desmodus_sub.png

ARK_Fjordur_Desmodus_StA_Wallpaper_1920x1080.jpg

As you might imagine, Desmodus prefers to hang out in dark places, waiting for its unsuspecting prey!  If you're lucky enough to tame one,  you can send Desmodus to snatch up small prey or saddle up and vanish into the darkness.

Click to view the dossier for Desmodus

fjordhawksub.png

ARK_Fjordur_Fjordhawk_Promo_Logo_1920x1080.jpg

Looking to dive right into the action, Fjordhawk can forge close bonds with humans as wholeheartedly as any canine or primate.  A tamed Fjordhawk is a surprisingly playful companion that is very capable of fetching targets that you point out. A well-trained Fjordhawk can locate injured prey and communicate its find to you.

Click here to view the dossier for Fjordhawk

mjolnirsub.png

ARK_Fjordur_Mjolnir_Promo_Logo_2560x1440.jpg

Acting as a functional weapon skin for the TEK sword, Mjolnir packs its own special powers and empowers Survivors with supernatural might. Devastate your foes with shocking ease as you exercise control over the element of lightning. However, not every survivor will pass the test and be considered worthy to obtain the mighty Mjolnir. Will you be up to the challenge?

conquestupdates.png

1538089036_conquest.jpg

The launch of Fjordur also marks a new season of Conquest PvP.  Check out the updates below before hopping into the new season on June 12th at 10AM Pacific!

conquestrollout.png

• 6/26/22 - The Island, Scorched Earth, The Center
    • 7/10/22 - Ragnarok, Aberration, Valguerro
    • 7/24/22 - Lost Island, Crystal Isles

enforcementoutreach.png
    Head here to be in direct contact with the Enforcement team for Conquest Season 4. Remember to be respectful to the team, this discord will remove any distracting participants.

Join the Discord

See the full post if you're looking for more information on Conquest PvP and the new season coming up!

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There is an ongoing EVO Event until Monday, June 20th.  You can find the rates below:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates. 

• Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming
      • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming
      • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming
      • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

K O K U S H I B O U🌙#5261

I bought psn to buy ark back in 2020. My lil bro underestimated the game bc I played before on mobile, but once when I woke up on the beaches of the island for the 1st time on ps4, my bro was shocked, the graphic was much better than mobile one, atleast more FPS than mobile and then my brother wanted to play splitscreen with me. I answered "yes" and we started going into the journey of the island for the 1st time. Both had to get used with the settings but i got used quicker, cause I played more than him. We together struggled alot gaining the artifacts. We collected them all 3 times. A challenge was for us the taming methods too and the difficulties of certain biomes. We didn't know alot about the resistance but my bro put most of his levels on health and died out often in the ice caves and lava cave from taking the artifacts. For us, was the mutation system also complicated but we didn't know anything, and bred random rexes to built the entire small island(Southern islets) full of rexes. I went alone taming two yuties bc yuties were my fav back then with their buff and roar. We were sweating when we tried broodmother(gamma) but...we won the fight easily and I was dumb and said"we gotta the guardians 3 times to gain all the tek gear" and we did that sadly. But we gained alot of element, extreme resource grinding and finally building the replicator with tek armor. My brother loved flying around or running on the water like a shinobi from naruto. We've been ready to face the gamma overseer. 6 rexes out of 25 fell in the lava. 2 sacrificed themselves against the terrifying giga. We beat up the overseer with strategy. One shoots off the drones, the other buffs the dinos. We finally ascended. We played ofc aberration too, it was very new for us the whole mechanic but...he refused when I asked him if we will fight rockwell. Today, he seems to play other games, and only playing fibercraft and generally on the game very rare..

clipsvideos.png

Creator: NaturalCauzes

What if civilizations formed in Ark? Would they create peace? War? Trades? In this video, I investigate this question by simulating human civilization in Ark with REAL players!

Creator: The Outcasts

Preparing for the upcoming Fjordur launch?  Check out this handy guide of optimal base locations by The Outcasts.  Keep in mind: This video was filmed on the mod version and some of these locations may have changed.

fanart_2.png

Fenrir by @sarekoube1

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Fenrir_192

My ARK inspired art by Ally#8494 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_My_ark_ins

Meralbayr encountering some huge creatures by @NalakBel

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Meralbayr_

Good night, Ferrox by @rianeko_mabi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Good_night

Theo the saber by  @artbychloe99

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Theo_the_s

Vivarium Notes - Kahuere by  Ampraeh

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Vivarium_N

Voidwyrm by Marsgirl01#5730 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Voidwyrm_1

Yutyrannus Fan Art by die-no-sour

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Yutyrannus

screen.png

Orick#1225

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Reaper_192

@TheWickedNinjas

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Brachiosau

ycniV#1244

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Croc_1920x

↑ED↑Rin

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_319_Hyena_1920

Have a great weekend!
      Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
      Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
      Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
      Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
      Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
      Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
      Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
      Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

This is so exciting!!!!! I've been watching/playing this game since it was in early access, 7 years ago. I still remember when I thought the argentavis was a mod! To see the VERY LAST map to be included in ark 1 be released is super hype, but also puts a tear in my eye, this game has been so good to me over the years. It'll be sad to see it go. Farewell, old friend. :)

Edited by Vesdied
      • Like 1

• Wildcard Community
      1 hour ago, MaliciousBane said:

There it is, was only a matter of time again before you started leaving Nintendo Switch out of the events. Once again Nintendo Switch owners are getting no rates whatsoever. Was a nice show for the new customers for a quick second, then back to being wild cards least supported version.

Hey thanks for letting me know.  These rates have been updated and should be reflected in the next 15minutes or so!

• Volunteer Moderator
      2 minutes ago, brownievec said:

Release times are confusing. Pdt here in uk make for 5pm but Utc is wrong ? Which is it. And any news for legacy launch times or are we all included , some maps have simultaneously launched , others days apart . Any info would be appreciated 

UK is currently in BST which is GMT+1. So it is 6pm in UK.

The 20:00 is an error.

Edited by GP
      • Thanks 2

I can't wait to play this map as official 😛 i wonder what changes it's going to have. 

And, yeah, i hope the realms are not having the tame limit anymore. I guess the titans can't be summoned so there's no reason to keep a tame limit. There are a lot of nice building areas in there. Another thing i hope is not going to be required anymore... Is the runes needed for the portals xD

Besides that, I'm looking forward. I'm pretty curious! Fjordur is a very good looking map, and i wonder if the boss is going to be a giant Fenrir lol it would be soooo scary! 

You know I'm actually kind of glad that they haven't explained how the fenrir is supposed to be tamed, gives players a chance to actually go through trial and error. The fact that I'll have a front row seat to hordes of players throwing themselves quite literally to the wolves and getting subsequently decimated or devolving into a frothy rage as they accidentally kill them is totally unrelated. Totally.