Introducing Conquest Season 4!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm genuinely confused. The announcement clearly states that, after 90 days, this cluster will have all DLC maps except Gen 1&2 meaning that The Net Projectile engram won't be unlockable since it can only be done on Gen 2.

The net (and other gen2 engrams) have been available on lost island this classic season.

But i agree with most others, no gen and no extinction are great choices for this format. 90 days for only fjordur might be a bit much tho. Most tribes will be wiped after 90 days, especially if server transfers are open from the start.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm genuinely confused. The announcement clearly states that, after 90 days, this cluster will have all DLC maps except Gen 1&2 meaning that The Net Projectile engram won't be unlockable since it can only be done on Gen 2.

Lost Island will be added after 90 days which has the net engram and maewings spawn on Fjordur which means gen 2 engrams will be enabled by default. This means nets will also be enabled. All it takes to fix this season is just remove that one engram.

• Thanks 2

First of all, YES, this season is perfect, no gen 2 means the meta is actually gonna be fun. But 1 mistake is still left to be made here, REMOVE NET ENGRAM PLEASE. Without gen 2 dinos nets have no reason to exist, all they do is make people sit on gigas and wait for somebody to make a move before netting then chomping. We want the old ark meta from right before gen 2, which was skill based and lacked a 1 button get out of jail free card. If this is going to be the last wipe of the 25 man servers before ark 2 please don't mess it up, everybody that wants to play with nets can go to smalls or main official. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Tinysgrl said:

Is this just for pvp servers? I have friends freaking out telling me to move off island before the 12th 

Only servers that are labelled ClassicPVP. Regular PvP, Small Tribes, etc. clusters are not affected. If your servers do not contain ClassicPVP in their name they won't be wiped on the 12th.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:41 AM, acat said:

The net (and other gen2 engrams) have been available on lost island this classic season.

But i agree with most others, no gen and no extinction are great choices for this format. 90 days for only fjordur might be a bit much tho. Most tribes will be wiped after 90 days, especially if server transfers are open from the start.

Since there will be cave building (or at least it hasn't been stated that we won't have cave building, it would usually already be in the announcement) it will only be the weak tribes that wouldn't last anyway that are getting wiped, since fjordur has a lot of strong caves and the breedlines take a while before they can soak a lot. Most tribes will be alive after the 90 days unless they quit out of boredom or tea decides to go banning everyone again like classic season 4. 

5 minutes ago, ThePikafan said:

Since there will be cave building (or at least it hasn't been stated that we won't have cave building, it would usually already be in the announcement) it will only be the weak tribes that wouldn't last anyway that are getting wiped, since fjordur has a lot of strong caves and the breedlines take a while before they can soak a lot. Most tribes will be alive after the 90 days unless they quit out of boredom or tea decides to go banning everyone again like classic season 4. 

You got a point with the caves, but i still think 90 days is just too long. Hope you‘re right tho 👍

Edit: and yea, i hope this time certain ppl dont make use of special connections…

Edited by acat

• 2 weeks later...