Dino guide: reaper vs r reaper

Blackmagic9000

R creatures all have a little less health, and a little more melee, than the regular versions. So the regular reapers would be a bit better if you were using it as a soaker, for most other uses I would say r reapers are better; reapers already have good health & damage resistance, so the higher melee is worth it.

Variants always have something going stat wise to differentiate them from their traditional cousins. R-creatures see a 5% damage increase but a 3% health decrease when tamed or birthed compared to standards. As Dread mentioned the point is pretty moot with reapers because of their innate damage resistance and the fact that they're absolute combat monsters. With the full gestation bonus and imprints on a baby from a good level queen the difference is so negligible that it really comes down to a matter of preference. Both under the aforementioned circumstances  can step to just about anything on the ark barring perhaps a high level shadowmane or Giga that's been pumped full of more mutations than an Alabama family living near Chernobyl. And even that can go either way if the rider isn't going at you with a light pet. Level wise I pump Health, Melee, and a bit of Stamina and Weight (weight being the afterthought stat if I feel anything else is beyond overkill). I want my reapers to be absolute tanks that can either decimate my enemy outright or outlast them in a battle of attrition.

I know you probably don't need to be told this but I suggest being extremely picky about the Queen you let knock you up. The allure of having a reaper should never blind you to the importance of only letting the best reaper queens give you the one night stand treatment.

Archived