Ark ideas

xQueenbeckyx

7 hours ago, xQueenbeckyx said:

I'm trying Ark again but my ideas aren't going the way I want them to, I have no one to help all my friends hate this game. Anyone willing to give me ideas I'm so lost and aggravated.

Let's start with what you've done so far - where have you been playing? (Official, Unofficial, private server, single-player, PvP, PvE... etc.) It would help to know a little bit about your experiences so we don't suggest things you've already done.

What are your goals when you play a game - do you like building? Do you always try to explore everything? How much time do you like to spend when you play games? Do you only like playing with others or do you enjoy solo gameplay? Are you hoping to see everything ARK has to offer or are you just kind of a casual player who likes to see some cool stuff and then move on to other games?

Anything else you want to tell us about your gaming experience and the things you enjoy doing could help us give you better ideas.

The thing about ARK is there are many ways to play, which probably means we can help you find a way to play the game that you'll enjoy.

11 hours ago, xQueenbeckyx said:

I'm trying Ark again but my ideas aren't going the way I want them to, I have no one to help all my friends hate this game. Anyone willing to give me ideas I'm so lost and aggravated.

As a brand new player get one thing firmly in your mind. "Stuff" and "Death" are not important. Whatever you are playing (single player or online server) spawn into the map at ALL of the available locations and run around a bit to uncover the map and get a feel for what the environment / wildlife is like around that spawn point. Do not be scared to die! You can just respawn. And do not go overboard trying to go find your body when you die and lose whatever kit you have been able to make so far. Its not serious, and rebuilding the kit will give you experience to level your toon up with.

In terms of leveling, I as a first priority like to put quite a lot of levels into speed, and a couple of points into stamina. this will increase your survival ability a LOT as you can simply run away from whatever is trying to eat your face off.

Once you have some levels under your belt, and you have explored stuff around all of the spawn points, pick one and build a house. From here on in things become easier, because you can also build a bed in your house which will allow you respawn at your bed in your house when you die. And you can build boxes to keep spare bits of wood and fiber and etc. so that startup is no longer naked from scratch. Again remember that kit is NOT important. So if the location of your house proves to be a poor decision because of rampant T-Rex spawns, or even just because you keep getting killed by the cold, then abandon it, and build a new base elsewhere!

After you have a house and have built stuff like a mortar and pestle, you can start with trying to catch (or rather tame) some dinos to help you with your existence. Like maybe a trike to gather berries for you or even a raptor to help defend you and to get around the map more quickly. Once you are OK with actual game play and survival, there are lots of quick start "shortcuts" that can be done with taming. For example go to a desert somewhere and passive tame a small flock of vultures to protect you. (A flock of say 6 of these dudes will whack a T-Rex no problem!). Or spawn into crystal isles and passive tame a crystal wyvern. As Pipinghot has said - a lot depends on what you want out of the game. So depending on what you want out of the game, taking the later shortcut might remove a lot of the early game challenge - but that is stuff you need to choose based on what is frustrating you with the game ...

Yes starting is brutal! Just remember - you cannot really die - you get to respawn every time, and the "progress" your toon has made is preserved. And kit (including a house and tamed dinos) is NOT important (yeah I know it took like 2 days to gather all the material needed to build that "thing" or to tame "Freddy"). Rebuilding stuff just adds to your experience, and it gets a lot easier over time as your level increases and you get to own some utility dinos to help you with your endeavors.

Well, I have a cluster if you would like to play on it. 2 maps connected. Unofficial server. Mostly vanilla settings with a few cosmetic, building mods. The only real change is the pace of breeding, because no one has time for vanilla settings. I don't mind having people play on it. It has been up for years and will continue to be up for years. I can probably give you the information if you want it. The second server will be moving to Fjordur when it comes out, and the first server is always on Gen 2. 

I got more creatures and resources than I could ever possibly use. I got a tek generator with like 5 years worth of element in it.  I had some people a while ago I was playing with, but they are on hiatus, so it is just me sitting on this pile of infinite stuff. 

You would be free to do literally whatever you want. Sometimes, I even have random people who find my server somehow and build on it. 

Archived