Farming guide: narcoberry

Blackmagic9000

Hello you riot gear looking facility guard who keeps knocking out my poor dodos for no reason scrub lord

Today i wana ask the most sus question of all ark properly, what is the absolute best way to farm these things on mass?

I was goin go crazy enough and just farm em with the tek crop and greenhouse effect, plus you can just use the toilet to get yourself all the furt you could ever wish for

But something tells me theres a better way, what do you guys think? Please tell me your opinions!

13 hours ago, Blackmagic9000 said:

Hello you riot gear looking facility guard who keeps knocking out my poor dodos for no reason scrub lord Today i wana ask the most sus question of all ark properly, what is the absolute best way to farm these things on mass? I was goin go crazy enough and just farm em with the tek crop and greenhouse effect, plus you can just use the toilet to get yourself all the furt you could ever wish for But something tells me theres a better way, what do you guys think? Please tell me your opinions!

Honestly I just go mowing with a bronto tail. Iv slot capped my argy before while going through the neighborhood just hunting narco......the swamp cattail bushes are the absolute best.

Single player, default settings. No harvesting boost or anything else to help. 

On 6/7/2022 at 1:55 AM, Blackmagic9000 said:

Today i wana ask the most sus question of all ark properly, what is the absolute best way to farm these things on mass?

It depends on what you mean by "best".

a) Most berries for the shortest amount of time?

b) Most berries without taking any risks?

c) Ability to farm berries non-stop whenever you're in the mood to do so until you have thousands of them?

For a) the animal with the highest gathering efficiency is the bronto, with just a couple of swings of the tail you can get a good number of berries in just a few seconds. Then later, once the berries respawn, go back to your bronto and do it again. But that efficiency rating starts to suffer if you want to cover a lot of ground

* Despite its size the bronto move slowly and it takes a while to move to the next patch of ground to get more berries

* after harvesting you have to go back to your base to drop the berries off

* the tail swing is so large that you're very frequently going to aggro something and then you have to spend the time slowly killing it with your bronto before you can go back to harvesting.

* If you're around trees you will pick up a lot of wood & thatch, you have to decide whether to drop all of that wood & thatch or whether you want to take it back to your base.

Having noted these things, if you just want to park your bronto in a good spot (a spot that's safe from random predators) and run out to your bronto every 20 minutes for a quick swing-the-tail-back-and-forth then it's hard to beat the time-efficiency that the bronto can offer.

For b) a good building full of crop plots. A single building with 60 crop plots will get you a lot of narcoberries. Load them into a chem bench for a nice chunk of XP and a bunch of narcotics.

For c) a therizino or dire bear will gather berries quickly and they can quickly kill just about anything that wants to attack you. They only harvest one patch at a time but they move quickly, can collect berries almost as fast as a bronto even though the therizino & bear have a lower efficiency rating than the bronto, and you can get back to base to unload the berries faster once you have all you want. With both of them you have to drop additional resources on the ground (fiber for the bear, wood for the theri). I personally prefer the bear because with the theri you get overloaded from wood very quickly, but we all know how good the theri is in a fight if something attacks you.  Either way, you can stay out in the field for as long as you want, harvesting, dropping extra junk, rinse, repeat, until your animal is practically weighed down with narcoberries before you go back to base. For me, the ability to kills things quickly makes the bear or theri superior to the bronto if you want to do a long-run-to-get-lots-of-berries.

For ease, tek crop plots. Each one will hold 9 stacks of berries so put 10 outside and fill with snow owl pellets or whatever, and you'll be getting almost 9k berries a day if you only harvest them once, with very low effort or maintenance needed.

Edit: Of course if you irrigate and put them in a greenhouse you will get much more, if 9k per day isn't enough for you.

Redwoods on Lost Island and Crystal Isles. On top of many bushes there are also the Aberrant mushrooms, Ascerbic ones are the same thing as Narcoberries. LI is better though as it also has the trippy shrooms that yield Bio Toxin as well. Literally knock out drug heaven. Go there with a Paracer or Iguanodon, not sure if Bronto can harvest the Bio Toxin.

Archived