ARK 2 plans for coming to PlayStation, Switch and Mobile

GP

• Volunteer Moderator

So I had a completely unexpected opportunity to receive some much needed clarification from Studio Wildcard CEO Doug Kennedy regarding several pieces of speculation that have been going around the ARK community for many months now.

This included:

• ARK 2 will be coming to PlayStation in time
  • ARK 2 will be coming to Nintendo in time
  • Interviews are being done for a new mobile developer for ARK 1 & 2 on mobile platforms
  • Lots of ARK news will be coming in the next 2 weeks
  • PC plans will be announced in June

I was honoured to have this opportunity, and I wish I could do more to provide way of proof to give this more legitimacy, but I wouldn't be a Moderator on these here forums if I was making fake news. Believe me I was as surprised as you are about all of this.

So it all started off when I found a post on LinkedIn from Doug Kennedy advertising their hunt for a new mobile developer to take on ARK II.

image.png

Realising that this was actual news that was (at the time) only 4 days old I decided to make a video on the topic. I wouldn't say this video went viral, but it went around the ARK community pretty fast particularly with the help of Raasclark and ARK2News sharing my content on it. I can assure you, if they had any doubts to its legitimacy they wouldn't have shared it as they did (they have their own credibility to uphold).

So this was the video that was posted:

Of course in that video you can clearly see the source of the information, and if you have your own LinkedIn account you can find it yourself.

This is the part when I was rather surprised when I was on holiday (that bits irrelevant) with the unexpected comments on my video by Doug Kennedy himself. He posted saying ARK 2 will be coming "in time" to PlayStation and Nintendo platforms. ( I recognise that there could easily be scepticism around the youtube account that posted those comments).

He also posted a comment offering me the opportunity to reach out direct to him on Linkedin to "provide you with some of the detail you were speculating about when it comes to platforms and timelines".

Now you could be wondering how the CEO happened to find my video and watch it, I have had people refer to me as a "nobody" on YouTube, or a "small" channel that they just can't see that happening. Well as I say, i'm as surprised as anyone. However, when somebody posts one thing hidden away on LinkedIn and suddenly the community is all talking about it, then it will likely raise interest within Studio Wildcard and that in turn would likely grab certain people's attention. All it would take is one person to mention it to Doug. I don't actually know what happened for him to find it, but it is not out of the realms of possibility.

Of course I took this opportunity and had a direct conversation with him on LinkedIn. This is where he provided further clarification on topics including bringing ARK 2 to all platforms, including PlayStation and Switch at some point in the future, and that there is lots of new coming up in the next 2 weeks, along with information relating to PC platforms.

This resulted in me producing this video:

I want to clarify that Doug did not offer a Q&A session with me. This was not anything like that. I just had a nice decent chat with him, and it was just an opportunity for him to provide some much needed clarification around speculation I had in my video, which happens to be speculation all around the ARK community.

I have brought everyone this news with good intentions and have no interest in mis-leading or trolling the community. I have not done any click-bait, and I have provided as much evidence of proof as I personally can.

I accept some people will remain sceptical until there is official word about it, which is fine, but I hope my explanation helps make things a bit clearer.

These are exciting times for ARK!

Good stuff GP, we didn't get info on Ark 2 in the community crunch, but it's definitely coming in the next couple of weeks, as after Fjordur there isn't anything major for Ark 1 left. More than anything I'm interested in knowing if there will an option for customizable private servers and mod support, like we have in Ark 1. Also looking forward to news regarding the animated series. I also wonder if they'll push the release date to 2023, or will launch it at the end of this year. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Ark 2 will most likely be on playstation and Co and week after xbox. Microsoft just paid wildcard to have it a week earlier to shift more consoles. Not that u can get a series x still a year and a half after it was realeased

It's not going to be on PS for a year or so after release on Xbox.

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's not going to be on PS for a year or so after release on Xbox.

Do u work for Microsoft xbox sales team? A year or 2 would be death for ark 2 b4 its even released. Playstation have a huge slice of the next gen console compared to xbox. So there not gonna cut off the majority of their player base from day 1.only a small % of people will buy a xbox over playstation due to ark being on xbox first

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Do u work for Microsoft xbox sales team? A year or 2 would be death for ark 2 b4 its even released. Playstation have a huge slice of the next gen console compared to xbox. So there not gonna cut off the majority of their player base from day 1.only a small % of people will buy a xbox over playstation due to ark being on xbox first

Ark 1 didn't release to PS for a bit over a year after the other platforms. It was fine.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Why would Microsoft bother paying for exclusivity for 1 measley week?

10 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Ark 1 didn't release to PS for a bit over a year after the other platforms. It was fine.

Ark has a much bigger player base on playstation then on xbox and I can tell u from speaking to numerous playstation players who've said they aren't going to bother buying a xbox because it will no doubt be out shortly after release. Ps getting ark after xbox the 1st time is irrelevant. It wasn't supposed to be on console at all originally. All I know is that xbox have a fraction of the player base the ps does for ark and if u think they will deny the ps players for a YEAR then u need to be committed. Oh let's just wipe out most of our players and assume thats all gonna work out fine. Honestly ark players really are living through the game too much u need to wake up go outside and smell reality 

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Ark has a much bigger player base on playstation then on xbox and I can tell u from speaking to numerous playstation players who've said they aren't going to bother buying a xbox because it will no doubt be out shortly after release. Ps getting ark after xbox the 1st time is irrelevant. It wasn't supposed to be on console at all originally. All I know is that xbox have a fraction of the player base the ps does for ark and if u think they will deny the ps players for a YEAR then u need to be committed. Oh let's just wipe out most of our players and assume thats all gonna work out fine. Honestly ark players really are living through the game too much u need to wake up go outside and smell reality 

Sorry mate, but if you think PlayStation will get it shortly after Xbox then you are setting yourself up for massive disappointment. I would put at least 6 months minimum on that, and that's being generous.

In fact you are the only person i've seen on the internet that is expecting it to come soon after Xbox.

On 6/15/2022 at 7:18 AM, GP said:

Sorry mate, but if you think PlayStation will get it shortly after Xbox then you are setting yourself up for massive disappointment. I would put at least 6 months minimum on that, and that's being generous.

In fact you are the only person i've seen on the internet that is expecting it to come soon after Xbox.

I'm not gonna get disappointed I'm on xbox but clearly u couldn't be more wrong if u tried. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

I'm not gonna get disappointed I'm on xbox but clearly u couldn't be more wrong if u tried. 

Ok no worries, you seem to know best. I'll come back here a week, even a month after ARK 2 has released on Xbox/PC and see who was more wrong?

Ok?

Great! 👍

On 6/14/2022 at 8:25 PM, Hurebhsdyrgsg said:

Your are right, I'm not going to buy an Xbox just for ARK 2. More likely the PS5 will be replaced by a PC for many other reasons.

Serious, I think that the PC platform is a bit more important than the PS platform.
And me for myself, I'm just happy to let the early acces beta testing to other people for a year or so.

• 4 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, ThePryBar said:

Playstation has stated in the past that they do not support early access gaming hence why it will only be released once it is out of development early access stage. 

So Playstation will probably be a couple years after it launches on Xbox for early access.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/modern-warfare-2-beta-dates-playstation-owners-get-access-first/

28 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Um you do realize that Beta testing is in no way early access gaming.  It may seem similar to the simple minded but a beta may last a month or so where early access is a year or years before launching in a beta to make sure its all good prior to actual launch day.

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Um you do realize that Beta testing is in no way early access gaming.  It may seem similar to the simple minded but a beta may last a month or so where early access is a year or years before launching in a beta to make sure its all good prior to actual launch day.

Sony literally calls it early access. Perhaps you can call and correct them.

PlayStation

• Early Access – September 16-17
  • Open Beta – September 18-20
  • Open Beta – September 22-23
  • Open Beta – September 24-26

19 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Sony literally calls it early access. Perhaps you can call and correct them.

PlayStation

• Early Access – September 16-17
  • Open Beta – September 18-20
  • Open Beta – September 22-23
  • Open Beta – 

You know what I'm implying by saying early access or early development. Your just knit picking.  Ark was in early access or development for a couple years and PlayStation does not support that type anymore.

Keep arguing it won't change the fact that ark2 is launching in early access/development.  If you care so much about ark2 on PlayStation maybe you should contact them and see if they will change policy for you.  Me I don't care I have a PS4 right now and a Series X just waiting to load up ark2 in early access/development gaming lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ThePryBar said:

see if they will change policy for you.

I play on XSX/Steam.

2 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Keep arguing it won't change the fact that ark2 is launching in early access/development

Nobody here has argued against that. WildCard clearly stated they are releasing Ark 2 in EA.

Yall should stop being so toxic, this whole form is yall picking fights with people or downright calling others simple minded even tho they probably have more of understanding of everything then yall, yall still insist your right. multiple sources and insiders say at least three months between xbox and ps4 but upwards to a  year and a half. Do some more research people

7 hours ago, Bonz said:

Yall should stop being so toxic, this whole form is yall picking fights with people or downright calling others simple minded even tho they probably have more of understanding of everything then yall, yall still insist your right. multiple sources and insiders say at least three months between xbox and ps4 but upwards to a  year and a half. Do some more research people

Don't know what's more toxic. Making a post that's bashing a person and tagging them in it or bashing a person then chickening out and removing the tag.  

Yall

Archived