Freaking thief bird can steal out of dino inventory and ignores zero slot!?

sjskdjkfa

Here's an idea, take the most useless dino, any thoughts on what that is btw?, and in the next tlc pass make that dino counter the thief bird some how, e.g. if u tame it and put it around your base and such, any icthy in like 50meter radius either dies or gets scared and flys away. yea yea I know x plants but a dino you could have follow you, and if it was an easy tame it'd make it easier to make the beach safe for newbs

19 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Thanks for the correction.    I didn’t remember if it helped with both the theifs.   I just remembered the birds used to steal podded animals.  Supposedly that was stopped but …. This is ark….

I didn't know that. Did they steal it or knock it out of your hotbar on to the ground like they would with tools and weapons? 

3 hours ago, Frael said:

I didn't know that. Did they steal it or knock it out of your hotbar on to the ground like they would with tools and weapons? 

I was under the impression it was eaten like food.   They also ate skins in our inventory, that I could still see in the logs.  But finding a trace of the pod stealing bug in the log is proving difficult.  A few changes along the way appear to have been altered to just 'Fixed an exploit' after the fact.  

There was also a time we didn't even get a message the items were knocked out of our hands.  That was added in after they were introduced.  I think many of us had no idea the items were on the ground somewhere. 

On 5/28/2022 at 5:53 PM, XxxGodzxxX said:

Does the Sino not scare them away ?

Sino will scare away anything that has a drag weight of 50 or less I believe it was. This includes seagulls, but I heavily recommend setting their scream to “Requires Aggro” because they’ll randomly shriek at anything small around you and if it’s not an ant, you’re about to have some angry dimorphodons or vultures on your case.

Archived