Revolver vs advanced pistol debate

Blackmagic9000

Hello you cowboy/cowgirl who stole my dodos in the middle of the night on rag scrub lords

Today i want to know yalls opinion if you had to pick one or the other including the cost, the attachments and ammo

Me personally the reloads on the revolver is satisfying but really for going against dinos to some extent dinos? 

Advanced pistol, but what do you guys think? And yes this includes bps meaning you can have both at their best

I honestly never build either one, and because of this, typically the free revolver that I typically find out of drops is the only thing I will use if I even do use a handgun in the game. Otherwise its either the long neck or the shotgun. Long neck cause of tranq abilities and shotgun to mean business.
With that said, the few times Iv used an ascendent revolver, its very nice. Powerful enough for "average" creatures, and I find the animation nice as well.

"Feeling lucky, punk?" XD

13 hours ago, Blackmagic9000 said:

And yes this includes bps meaning you can have both at their best

It's been a long time since I've looked at them in detail, so I'm relying on old information, take this with a grain of salt.

With that said, unless the underlying numbers have changed, advanced pistol. It is (or at least used to be) one of the highest DPS hand-held weapons in the game, especially when you factor in cost of the materials. I think auto-rifles have more DPS, but less damage per bullet and the total cost of materials in order to put out max damage with auto-rifle is pretty disgusting. Adv. pistol also has the benefit of a higher rate of fire than revolver (or shotgun) so when you miss some shots you won't regret the individual bullets missing the target.

For example, when we did Dragon boss on The Island vanilla (a few years ago :) ) everyone took advanced pistols rather than other weapons. They were the most cost effective weapon relative to their DPS and overall usefulness.

Archived