Xbox x/s, PS5, Ps4 questions

10 hours ago, Scarborough1994 said:

On XBOX X/S & PS5 - how is the no tether distance? Do resources respawn in singleplayer?, when you play singleplayer on pc if you harvest a node then exit the game, it will never respawn (also asking for ps4) How is the graphics/fps? better than pc? Mods?

I do not know everything first hand, so you may want to look on for others to help with answers, but.....Currently ONLY xbox series x has no tethering. In fact as far as I know, only the xbox series x got any improvements/no tethering. 

Resources seem to be respawning, however Id still strongly suggest shortening the respawn timer a smidgen anyhow, just in case.

Yes, that bug still occurs, however the devs have made adjustments and it does show, however it is still present. Best thing I can tell you is to shorten the respawn timer, and do your metal harvesting when you first log in for the day. Its not a bad thing to do online either, kinda like a daily chore list.....Fill feeding trough's, harvest metal, let the metal burn while checking babies, ect. ect. Then actually do what you want to. Caves, fishing, hit beaver dams for past, whatever.

Xbox series x got the improvements for all the graphics and such and there is a very noticeable improvement, however I can not confirm anything personally......If I had to guess, its better foliage coverage. Ray tracing. And more "stable" FPS.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the best looking, fastest FPS, and mods, the only way to go in that department is PC. With the introduction of the new CPU's and GPU's last year, the ultimate experiance is PC. If you want to spend $2000 on a system, you can buy the parts to peice together a very decent system with the latest ryzen CPU, and 3060 or even a 3080 GPU if you can get a deal going. However do be very wary on buying any "prebuilt" systems. Alienware is a very bad prebuilt PC example, and you can look up GamerNexus on youtube to see why.
As for mods, the only version of ark you can buy that offers mod support is with Steam. However if you ever want to play online with other console users you will need to buy the microsoft version. 

Thanks for the response, I'm still considering whether to get the xbox series x, although I do prefer playstations controller tbh, it's less bulky
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the PC, I do have a gaming one

11th gen intel core i5-11600KF @ 3.90ghz
16GB Ram

RTX 3060Ti

However it looks good, however the fps loves to stick around 20-45fps for some bizarre reason, which to me just means the game must not be very well optimised since my system seems to be up to date, figured I find out whether next gen consoles do have improvements in this area, I could still essentially use KB/M for the xbox I suppose and as for mods, I generally don't really use them anyway, dabbled with immersive taming but it seemed to make things considerably easy to the extent it felt like cheat mode but I did generally enjoy it, as for the rest of the mods, never really interested me unfortunately.

I assume if I am forced to buy things on microsoft store, games will be accessible through PC and console?, but yeah I'd probably only use the console for great games like ARK 2 depending how well its optimised on release and EA pc games, also how is the ventilation/heat on the xbox series x?

1 hour ago, Scarborough1994 said:

... I'd probably only use the console for great games like ARK 2 depending how well its optimised on release ...

If you have a decent PC and you want to play ARK then don't bother console. Wildcard ignored all the request and sugestions sofar regarding console optimisation, the UI is realy M/K oriented.
Furthermore, at the moment PS5 is terrible unstable. Inspite of @Cedric speaking of a fast fix for PS5 users in januari it only got worse since then.

5 hours ago, Scarborough1994 said:

Thanks for the response, I'm still considering whether to get the xbox series x, although I do prefer playstations controller tbh, it's less bulky

As for the PC, I do have a gaming one 11th gen intel core i5-11600KF @ 3.90ghz 16GB Ram RTX 3060Ti

However it looks good, however the fps loves to stick around 20-45fps for some bizarre reason, which to me just means the game must not be very well optimised since my system seems to be up to date, figured I find out whether next gen consoles do have improvements in this area, I could still essentially use KB/M for the xbox I suppose and as for mods, I generally don't really use them anyway, dabbled with immersive taming but it seemed to make things considerably easy to the extent it felt like cheat mode but I did generally enjoy it, as for the rest of the mods, never really interested me unfortunately.

I assume if I am forced to buy things on microsoft store, games will be accessible through PC and console?, but yeah I'd probably only use the console for great games like ARK 2 depending how well its optimised on release and EA pc games, also how is the ventilation/heat on the xbox series x?

That is bizarre o.o
With that kind of setup, you should be looking at a 60 fps minimum. Unless all of your settings are at "ultra". Please double check as ark does love to reset its own graphic's settings practically all of the time......or if you have a base large enough to accommodate all of the titanosaurs in the game. 
I must say that on my xbox one with the external SSD trick, any large bases or 100+ dinos sitting out in the open drags my game down hard. Prolly a RAM issue for the older system. As for optimization of the game, well yeah. One could say it could use some TLC. lol. But the series did receive some love. Not a lot, but me thinks they decided to tweak the graphic settings.
As for the PlayStation controller on xbox, I think its possible? I swear I seen someone doing it before. Not sure if its an adaptor, or had to run with it plugged in all the time. Maybe a modded controller?.....either way, I think it is possible, might wanna do some research on the matter. 

Yes, the good news about buying the Microsoft version is that if you get it on PC, the purchase transfers to the console. 

As for cooling, its actually good. Multiple outside reviewers did tear downs on the series x and again gamer nexus went above and beyond in their review by creating a custom rig to actually capture and record how the heat vented out of the console during operation. Cooling is good and the vent is out the top and is pushed out with I believe a 130m fan, so plenty of air movement.

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

That is bizarre o.o
With that kind of setup, you should be looking at a 60 fps minimum. Unless all of your settings are at "ultra". Please double check as ark does love to reset its own graphic's settings practically all of the time......or if you have a base large enough to accommodate all of the titanosaurs in the game. 
I must say that on my xbox one with the external SSD trick, any large bases or 100+ dinos sitting out in the open drags my game down hard. Prolly a RAM issue for the older system. As for optimization of the game, well yeah. One could say it could use some TLC. lol. But the series did receive some love. Not a lot, but me thinks they decided to tweak the graphic settings.
As for the PlayStation controller on xbox, I think its possible? I swear I seen someone doing it before. Not sure if its an adaptor, or had to run with it plugged in all the time. Maybe a modded controller?.....either way, I think it is possible, might wanna do some research on the matter. 

Yes, the good news about buying the Microsoft version is that if you get it on PC, the purchase transfers to the console. 

As for cooling, its actually good. Multiple outside reviewers did tear downs on the series x and again gamer nexus went above and beyond in their review by creating a custom rig to actually capture and record how the heat vented out of the console during operation. Cooling is good and the vent is out the top and is pushed out with I believe a 130m fan, so plenty of air movement.

Very bizarre, I fail to see how some users are getting higher, if only I knew what to change to achieve it, I have a basic base small, few dinos not many only the ones to gather resources I need, when I go in-land as I'm on a beach well I suppose that could be a reason of lower fps, although it seemed when I actually played it years ago I had great fps etc, my graphics is normally on high, shadows down to low.

Definitely could research it, would be amazing, microsoft really needs to slim down their controllers.

Interesting about the cooling, thanks for the info, probably will get the xbox at a later date, shame I will miss out on the amazing PS exclusives ghosts of tsushima and horizon

13 hours ago, Scarborough1994 said:

Definitely could research it, would be amazing, microsoft really needs to slim down their controllers.

Well, depends on who you are. Im 7 ft tall {2 meters} And 250 lbs {113 kilo} So Im a big guy and while the older original xbox controllers was too big for me, the updated and mOdern controller fits me much better than the PS controllers. 

As for the playstaition exclusives, yeah I feel ya there. Granted Im not too much into the playstation gameing library anymore, some of the older one's really make me wish I had the ability to at least play some of them that has been brought onto the next gen systems. I used to be an older armored core geek. The new ones are kinda meh, but the older ones I kept replaying them over and over. 

16 hours ago, Scarborough1994 said:

.. Very bizarre, I fail to see how some users are getting higher, if only I knew what to change to achieve it ..

One thing I would suggest is to upgrade your memory to 32GB. The fact that it can preload more textures, shaders, etc.. should greatly help your fps. I obviously am not saying it will definitely increase your fps loads, but I'm quite confident it will help. I'd guess the 16gb is your current bottleneck. Whatever route you choose, I hope you get it sorted. Good luck .. :)

10 hours ago, resincake said:

One thing I would suggest is to upgrade your memory to 32GB. The fact that it can preload more textures, shaders, etc.. should greatly help your fps. I obviously am not saying it will definitely increase your fps loads, but I'm quite confident it will help. I'd guess the 16gb is your current bottleneck. Whatever route you choose, I hope you get it sorted. Good luck .. :)

8GB should be min for running games whereas 16GB should be all that's needed unless dedicated hosting from the machine being played on from my knowledge, anyway I unticked all the extras (in options) in the middle except 1, so I'm getting 60-90fps which quickly drops up and down between each other, guess can't ask for anything better than 60fps lol

• Volunteer Moderator
14 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Im 7 ft tall {2 meters}

2 meters is roughly 6' 6". 😕

16GB is fine for most gaming:

https://www.techreviewer.com/tech-answers/is-32gb-of-ram-worth-it-for-gaming/

From the link (32GB):

"It allows you to run less-optimized indy games smoothly." AKA, Ark.

9 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

2 meters is roughly 6' 6". 😕

16GB is fine for most gaming:

https://www.techreviewer.com/tech-answers/is-32gb-of-ram-worth-it-for-gaming/

From the link (32GB):

"It allows you to run less-optimized indy games smoothly." AKA, Ark.

Ok, Im not perfect with my conversions. Lets just say I bash my head in doorways. x.x

Archived