Why are there no dedicated servers on Genesis 1 or 2? (PS4-PS5)

JadeHellBlade910

I would like to know why Genesis 1 and 2 have no dedicated server options. Just recently, I have started to make dedicated servers for my friends to play on with me. And Genesis 1 and 2 are the only maps I myself have not played very much. And having people to go on that journey with me would be great. I have two Playstation systems, and I have looked into trying to host my own dedicated server. Was this cut due to timing issues? Was it completely forgotten by the developers and left to be abandoned? Did they do this purposely to make people rent or buy servers? Or do they just not care for anyone like me who just wants to play on a small server for free without a damn host barrier dragging everybody away from the main reasons we basically all love Ark in the first place? I just want a straight answer. I want comfort in knowing what became of Genesis dedicated servers. I just want to play with my damn friends in arguably the two most interesting maps in the game in my humble opinion. You know how excited I was to have people in Gen 2, just to find out I can only host a server for free that "Requires" them to teleport? Nobody wants that...And it's just depressing that it was never finished. (Or even started in the first place if they just decided to completely abandon it in favor of releasing the DLCs both as fast as possible.) Look, I love Ark...More than the normal survivor. But there ARE some things that drive me crazy. For example this. Wildcard, if you read this, just give me and hundreds of other people one of two things. One, an answer. Or two, IMPLEMENT THE SERVERS PLEASE! I know you developers are more than capable. And if there are complications, just tell us. I'm sure people (like me...) would understand. I know being a game developer is hard. Let alone on such a massive game. But the least you could do for supporting fans like me is give us closure. If you read this Wildcard, thank you for reading, and I hope you give us dedicated servers. 

(Note: I'm not trying to be mean or toxic in the slightest. I just want Wildcard to know that there are people out there who would love Genesis and Genesis 2 dedicated servers.) Sincerely: Jade. A solo survivor. 

• 1 month later...

Archived