Is paying for a inside job against ToS?

Metalace

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Metalace said:

Early this morning a member of our tribe that had been with our tribe for a few years got paid to inside us. I was wondering if its against the ToS? 

That would fall under "service" and is against the CoC on officials:

> Real-Money Trading (RMT) - ARK items, creatures, or services must only be exchanged for other items, creatures, or services within the game. Trading for real-world currency (real money) is not an accepted form of trading.

How to report CoC violations

On 5/23/2022 at 12:15 PM, Metalace said:

Early this morning a member of our tribe that had been with our tribe for a few years got paid to inside us. I was wondering if its against the ToS? 

Good luck proving that though. For someone to have played in your tribe for several years and to then have suddenly turned on you I would say is fairly "unique". It's quite possible he just got bored and decided to go out with a bang. Does happen people do stupid things. If he did get paid to stab you in the back after several years of playing with you then kudos to him that's some next level treachery. A true master of the dark arts. I'd welcome him in my band of cutthroats anytime.

On 5/22/2022 at 10:45 PM, Metalace said:

Are you talking about payment with real money, or some form of in-game payment?

Real money is against the ToS (if you can prove it) but in-game payment for insiding is completely allowed by WildCard (unfortunately).

More than likely real world money tbh. He sells tames online and he also sold the server to a new group whos in control of it. It will be hard to prove that he sold it for real money plus there was multi members involved. I'm trying to gather information but they kicked all of us from the tribe and several of us from party chat. 

2 hours ago, Metalace said:

More than likely real world money tbh. He sells tames online and he also sold the server to a new group whos in control of it. It will be hard to prove that he sold it for real money plus there was multi members involved. I'm trying to gather information but they kicked all of us from the tribe and several of us from party chat. 

Your answers are creating more questions.

* Is this on an Official or unofficial server?

* What do you mean "sold it for real money", do you mean your tribe or the server?

* If there were multiple members involved then what exactly did "he" do, this is sounding more and more like you were in a tribe that was doing a bunch of shady stuff and they just sold things and moved on.

You need a much better description of what happened before anyone call tell you whether this was against the ToS or allowed by WC.

Archived