Character levelling

Cuthbertson1

On 5/22/2022 at 2:57 AM, Cuthbertson1 said:

Put a cap on movement speed and the size of characters cause i would love to go i guy i like the look of but i have to go a small women to compete with other people and trying to shoot someone with a sniper when they can move 100 miles an hour and are so small 

Is this why many PvP players play as a female character that is smaller? I don't do PvP in ARK, so really didn't realize that the hit box is a different size depending on how you design your character.

13 hours ago, wildbill said:

Is this why many PvP players play as a female character that is smaller? I don't do PvP in ARK, so really didn't realize that the hit box is a different size depending on how you design your character.

Female, small, black/dark colored (for night time camouflage) = pro PVP char. From a distance you can often resemble a dilo or some other small creature.

It would be nice if they restricted move speed both for players and tames. I have a 550% melee char but apart from the novelty value its use is fairly niche. I use it mostly for quickly and cheaply smashing boxes, breaking wooden bases and killing passive tames.

It's deadly in PVP even a simple wooden spear can one shot any naked char. With a cheap metal pike if indoors or if enemy doesn't have increased move speed (rather rare) it obliterates. Also the introduction of the whip had the unintended consequence of further making melee chars pointless. A player with a whip and move speed completely counters a melee char. Same too for bolas (another broken and unbalanced weapon).

Archived