This game is broken!!!

Tarielle

My daughter and I spent months preparing for  The Island Overseer fight. Crafted 600 armour tek suits, crafted 100 armour saddles for our rexs and therzis took months as I work full time.

Well the day finally came that we are going to do the boss we have all our dinos lined up at the doorway, i have 300 element on me my new crafted tek suit, custom food, ammo healing brews you name it.....and what happens!!!! Just as we are about to go in I jump on a Rex by the door and instantly DIE!!!!!!!

Developers fix your game I will never play anything belong to wild card ever again.........

I didn't pass through I was on the dino outside it, I was about to command each dino to follow. Its not the first time this has happened its about the 4th now but this was the worst, it was such a gride for this......i meshed in a cave with a giga when i first had like 2 gigas and lost it instantly, I got tramped in a rock when first started playing again going out taming lost everything and no one helps you like stuck inside a rock literally......just finished doing a drop on extinction teleporting back to the base, hit the button instant kill again lost 4 top of the line gigas i did put in a ticket and got the crappiest giga's back basically garbage.....so this was the FINAL straw.

14 hours ago, Tarielle said:

Developers fix your game I will never play anything belong to wild card ever again.........

I agree with you completely, there's no excuse for this glitch still being in the game.

Having said that... if you're playing on a dedicated server that you control, or even if you're playing using non-dedicated server that you control, you can use admin commands to fix/repair/make-up-for nearly any glitch in the game.

We ran into the exact same problem on our private server and we just rolled back to the most recent save. Creating & restoring saves in single-player or non-dedicated is somewhat less convenient but it's still something you can learn to do with just a bit of work.

The problem with ARK is that it's such a great idea that it's basically a money printing machine, so WildCard never had to be a good company in order to make money, and haven't bothered to fix some pretty important glitches that have been with the game for years (like the one you ran into). There's no excuse for it, I'm with you in that I'm buying any future WC products, but as long as you've already spent the money to own a copy then it's worth taking the time to prepare your backups in case of problems like this.

On our private server we do manual backups every time we're going to do anything that's important or requires a lot of materials, even cave runs. Your time is to valuable to let game glitches screw up your fun, but the game can still be fun if you make your own backups for safety.

14 hours ago, Thekuervito said:

But,all know that,the tek cave door when is closed insta kill you if you are close or pass when ride a dino

No, not all know, that's a silly answer.

There will always be people who are playing in single player, or non-dedicated, or are simply playing with friends and none of them know about it yet.

Archived