Making Wild Creatures Stronger

TimeBomb2003

3 hours ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

So, since I play on singleplayer, and thus, no players to fight, is there some sort of setting to make wild creatures have higher defence/damage, but keep the bosses the same as before?

In case it helps, I'm using Ark ASM.

Yes.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Server_configuration

Settings that I know of:

DinoDamageMultiplier

DinoResistanceMultiplier

There may be others but this is something I've never looked into doing, so you'll want to look through that page to see if find others.

55 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Yes.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Server_configuration

Settings that I know of:

DinoDamageMultiplier

DinoResistanceMultiplier

There may be others but this is something I've never looked into doing, so you'll want to look through that page to see if find others.

I believe I remember reading that these multipliers apply to tamed creatures as well, unfortunately. 

So TimeBomb2003, you may have to artificially make wild creatures stronger by simply taming weaker ones (except for ones needed for boss fights) to make the wild ones feel stronger in comparison. Not the necessarily the preferred way of doing it I know, but it may be your only option unless you can find a mod that achieves this.

1 hour ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

I believe I remember reading that these multipliers apply to tamed creatures as well, unfortunately. 

So TimeBomb2003, you may have to artificially make wild creatures stronger by simply taming weaker ones (except for ones needed for boss fights) to make the wild ones feel stronger in comparison. Not the necessarily the preferred way of doing it I know, but it may be your only option unless you can find a mod that achieves this.

I'm pretty sure that the settings for tames are separate from wild dinos. The tamed settings start with "DinoCharacter...", for example "DinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier".

Maybe this ... But it is a per dino type thing so quite tedious to set up ......

DinoClassDamageMultipliers=(
ClassName="<classname>",
Multiplier=<multiplier>
)

TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers=(
ClassName="<classname>",
Multiplier=<multiplier>
)

classname = string

multiplier = float Default 1.0

Multiplies damage dealt of specific dinosaurs via classname. Higher values increase the damage dealt.

Dino classnames can be found on the Creature IDs page.

The examples provided here are split into multiple lines for space considerations. In the configuration file, an entry must be placed on a single line. Multiple DinoClassDamageMultipliers and TamedDinoClassDamageMultipliers entries can be specified in the file, but ClassName values should not be repeated across multiple entries.

Archived