Ascension advice on Singleplayer

DromaeoSapiens

I've been getting closer to fighting the dragon on the Island, knowing the Tek Cave will follow soon after that. However, I've heard and read over the years about various glitches and bugs regarding Ascension on singleplayer and so I have a few questions before going down there. I don't want to ask about the final fight itself since I want to go into that a little blind and surprised. A couple of these seem like they'd have pretty obvious answers, but with how odd this game can be sometimes, nothing would surprise me.

These questions are based off bugs/glitches etc. that I've read around on reddit, steam, and here:

>Will I need to do each level of Ascension (gamma, beta etc.) to actually get the 15 bonus levels, or can I skip to Alpha like we can with the bosses and their Tekgrams?

>Do I have to skip the cinematic or can I watch it without the game freaking out?

>Do I have to exit to the Main Menu afterward, or do I go straight to respawning?

1 I'm not sure if you need all three ascensions to get the extra levels, but from my experience from doing gamma ascension, I've never gotten extra levels.

2 It all comes down to the fps. If you have bad fps, lets say 20 fps, your game might crash. But if you have good frames you'll breeze through the cutscene.

3 Yes, immediately after you exit the credits you get sent back to the menu.

5 hours ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

>Will I need to do each level of Ascension (gamma, beta etc.) to actually get the 15 bonus levels, or can I skip to Alpha like we can with the bosses and their Tekgrams?

>Do I have to skip the cinematic or can I watch it without the game freaking out?

>Do I have to exit to the Main Menu afterward, or do I go straight to respawning?

The others answered your questions so I'll add a couple of points for your benefit:

1) Sometimes the game won't show you the cinematic. Don't know why, it's highly variable and buggy. For example the first time we completed Tek Cave Alpha 4 of us got the cinematic but 3 of us didn't.

2) Sometimes, even when you get the cinematic, the game won't give you credit. Also highly variable and buggy. If this happens to you you can look up the command that will give you credit for the Alpha if the game glitched when you completed the fight.

3) After you complete the Alpha fight, even if you get the cinematic your implant might not update. Before you use an commands make sure that you get yourself killed and respawn in a bed and check your implant again. Sometimes the implant won't update until you die & respawn.

This is a pretty cool boss fight, so don't let the possibility of game glitches interfere with your fun. Since you're in SinglePlayer you have the ability to correct any problems caused by the game.

The sequence goes like this:

1) Cinematic? Maybe, maybe not.

2) Credit for the Ascension? Maybe, maybe not.

3) Die & respawn in a bed, check your implant to see if it's updated.

4) If your implant is not updated, run the admin command to give yourself credit for the fight and then die/respawn again.

At this point you should have full credit for completing the fight and everything will be good going forward. Once your implant is updated it will be updated forever, it never goes backwards.

5 hours ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

I've been getting closer to fighting the dragon on the Island, knowing the Tek Cave will follow soon after that. However, I've heard and read over the years about various glitches and bugs regarding Ascension on singleplayer and so I have a few questions before going down there. I don't want to ask about the final fight itself since I want to go into that a little blind and surprised. A couple of these seem like they'd have pretty obvious answers, but with how odd this game can be sometimes, nothing would surprise me.

These questions are based off bugs/glitches etc. that I've read around on reddit, steam, and here:

Doing gamma should give you ACCESS to 5 additional levels - it does not give you 5 levels.

Doing alpha alone will give you ACCESS to all 15 additional levels if you have never beaten it in gamma or beta. 

IF you skip gamma and just do beta, it's 10.....

Remember, ascending doesn't actually give you the levels.  You have to earn the levels.  Ascending lets you continue leveling if you have stopped at that point.

2 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

The others answered your questions so I'll add a couple of points for your benefit:

1) Sometimes the game won't show you the cinematic. Don't know why, it's highly variable and buggy. For example the first time we completed Tek Cave Alpha 4 of us got the cinematic but 3 of us didn't.

2) Sometimes, even when you get the cinematic, the game won't give you credit. Also highly variable and buggy. If this happens to you you can look up the command that will give you credit for the Alpha if the game glitched when you completed the fight.

3) After you complete the Alpha fight, even if you get the cinematic your implant might not update. Before you use an commands make sure that you get yourself killed and respawn in a bed and check your implant again. Sometimes the implant won't update until you die & respawn.

This is a pretty cool boss fight, so don't let the possibility of game glitches interfere with your fun. Since you're in SinglePlayer you have the ability to correct any problems caused by the game.

The sequence goes like this:

1) Cinematic? Maybe, maybe not.

2) Credit for the Ascension? Maybe, maybe not.

3) Die & respawn in a bed, check your implant to see if it's updated.

4) If your implant is not updated, run the admin command to give yourself credit for the fight and then die/respawn again.

At this point you should have full credit for completing the fight and everything will be good going forward. Once your implant is updated it will be updated forever, it never goes backwards.

So, it all boils down to crossing my fingers and hoping everything works correctly. 🙃

1) Not surprised

2) I forgot about those commands, thank you.

3) Also thank you, would probably never think to do that.

27 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

Doing gamma should give you ACCESS to 5 additional levels - it does not give you 5 levels.

Doing alpha alone will give you ACCESS to all 15 additional levels if you have never beaten it in gamma or beta. 

IF you skip gamma and just do beta, it's 10.....

Remember, ascending doesn't actually give you the levels.  You have to earn the levels.  Ascending lets you continue leveling if you have stopped at that point.

I knew that it was access to level-ups (unclear wording on my part), similar to the Chibi's, but thank you for letting me know anyway. 🙂

4 hours ago, Vesdied said:

1 I'm not sure if you need all three ascensions to get the extra levels, but from my experience from doing gamma ascension, I've never gotten extra levels.

2 It all comes down to the fps. If you have bad fps, lets say 20 fps, your game might crash. But if you have good frames you'll breeze through the cutscene.

3 Yes, immediately after you exit the credits you get sent back to the menu.

Thanks for helping me out.

1) Not even extra available level-ups similar to Chibis?

2) My game can be pretty choppy a lot of the time. If it comes to it, I'll admin my ascension credit and watch the cinematic on youtube, not the same but oh well.

3) I should be safe to log back in then? Choosing "download survivor" of course.

1 hour ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

So, it all boils down to crossing my fingers and hoping everything works correctly. 🙃

1) Not surprised

2) I forgot about those commands, thank you.

3) Also thank you, would probably never think to do that.

Yeah, crossing your fingers helps a lot. :)

Dealing with these bugs & glitches on Official servers is a source of major pain for a lot of players. Fortunately when we play singleplayer or on a private server we have the ability to fix these problems for ourselves.

2 hours ago, DromaeoSapiens said:

Thanks for helping me out.

1) Not even extra available level-ups similar to Chibis?

2) My game can be pretty choppy a lot of the time. If it comes to it, I'll admin my ascension credit and watch the cinematic on youtube, not the same but oh well.

3) I should be safe to log back in then? Choosing "download survivor" of course.

Yes, you should be safe to log back in, I'm 90% sure that I didnt get the levels because I did gamma, don't worry. If you do alpha you'll get them, I tested it out.

2 hours ago, Vesdied said:

Yes, you should be safe to log back in, I'm 90% sure that I didnt get the levels because I did gamma, don't worry. If you do alpha you'll get them, I tested it out.

You get 5 levels from each difficulty, cumulative, based on the highest difficulty completed.

If you only do gamma then you'll open up 5 levels

If you only do beta, or if you do gamma & beta, then you'll open up 10 levels.

If you only do alpha, or if you do some combination of gamma, beta and alpha you'll open up 15 levels.

The only thing that really matters is what is the maximum difficulty you've completed.

Archived