Beacon App Dino Replace not working? (SOLVED)

Edit #2: Solved. See Edit#1 below.

Hello. 

I successfully disabled 4 dinos. I've now tried to replace them, and although the originals are still not spawning, I have yet to see any of the new dinos. I've done a wild dino wipe through the settings, and from within the game. 3 of the 4 new dinos are glow pets, and the 4th is a Gacha. Is there an issue bringing these to the Lost Island?

I also wondered if the original dinos (Troodon, Microraptor, Pegomastax and Ichtyornis) were just somewhat rare enough that I need to wait longer. But, particularly with the Ichty bird, I wouldn't expect that to be the issue. 

My game.ini is too big for Pastebin, but here are the lines I have.

NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Ichthyornis_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="LanternBird_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Microraptor_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="LanternGoat_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Pegomastax_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="LanternPug_Character_BP_C")
NPCReplacements=(FromClassName="Troodon_Character_BP_C",ToClassName="Gacha_Character_BP_C")

I've generated code with other applets and they match what Beacon generated. And as I mentioned, the original dinos are gone, which is good. Any thoughts? Despite flying around the redwoods and beaches for nearly 20 minutes coming up with nothing, am I just not being patient enough?

Edit: I found some info on Beacons website suggesting this setting has some mixed results, and also offered a workaround. Sharing for others with this issue:

In practice, it appears the replacement creatures are still bound by their spawn point rules and limits. This means replacing a creature with one that does not normally spawn on the map may not spawn either creature at all.

In the event that the replacement creature does not spawn, try using the Convert Creature Replacements to Spawn Point Additions option under the Tools button in the Project Toolbar. This will take any replacement lines found in the Creature Adjustments editor, change them to a disable line, and add overrides to the Creature Spawns editor to insert the replacement creature into every spawn point at the same rate as the original.

So I'll give that a go.

• Holmes108 changed the title to Beacon App Dino Replace not working? (SOLVED)

Archived