Juvenile Giga starved next to 5 full tek troughs..

Starve bug are usually caused by render. I lost a few dinos raising on the weekend even though some in the same place still had full food and health so who knows.

Randomly losing dinos happens a lot, this isn't a fact but I think it has a connection to maewings. The baby uses the maewings to feed as babies, you leave render  (therefore putting the dinos in stasis) they should use the trough from juvenile but if the maewing runs out of food and render it back in, the game must calculate that the maewing is out of food whilst the baby was eating therefore the baby is starving and then calculates the time you've been gone to see if the dinos health would have ran out.

That also explains why some dinos will be full food and some dead, game must just run through all your babies one by one and asign the food usage, if there isn't enough food to go round then the last few will die.

Again, I may be talking nonsense but it's worth a thought. 

Yggdrassil is correct. Its mostly a render bug. I have had it happen to me on SP mode so many times its a joke. Luckily I tend to come back to my babies just in time as their health is the only thing to have saved em, but its always the same case every time. Full trough, empty bellies.

Best advice I got is to max out their inventories with meat just before you leave rendering for a time.

You might also try raising babies over water.   Meaning setup a base or ocean platform on water, then raise them there.  Not the put the baby in the water trick that got patched out.

**I think it's possible** - While the system does put an area in stasis when no players are around, the system also still checks on dinos that are placed over areas where they could drown.  

Archived