Having trouble loading an old save, need assistance.

I have an ark world that i saved a manual backup of back in November. I shut down the server at that time and am now trying to get it to work again. I have a server pc setup and was able to get all the server software to work and load up a fresh brand new world successfully. However, when I try to load in the old save, the server crashes before it finishes startup. I'm unsure if this is due to the age/version, or if I just didn't save it properly in the first place. I'll leave a link down below to a drive folder with the save in it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7O-RtSjNzv40deYz4bkDDoCL7WtN6YR/view?usp=sharing

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Markusius said:

I have an ark world that i saved a manual backup of back in November. I shut down the server at that time and am now trying to get it to work again. I have a server pc setup and was able to get all the server software to work and load up a fresh brand new world successfully. However, when I try to load in the old save, the server crashes before it finishes startup. I'm unsure if this is due to the age/version, or if I just didn't save it properly in the first place. I'll leave a link down below to a drive folder with the save in it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h7O-RtSjNzv40deYz4bkDDoCL7WtN6YR/view?usp=sharing

What's the stack trace of the crash (should be saved into a .crashstack file under the /Logs/ directory)?

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Larkfields said:

My ini files have auto decay of structures setup, so some might be missing from the image due to my config.

The missing structures are likely modded ones. The island save reference the following mods:

• UltraStacks
  • StructuresPlusMod
  • HandsomeJack

The stack trace reference the following:

Last Remote Function MulticastClearSnappedStructuresEvent

So, since it works fine for you without mod, my first guess would be a crash when calling into S+'s assets.

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

The missing structures are likely modded ones. The island save reference the following mods:

• UltraStacks
  • StructuresPlusMod
  • HandsomeJack

The stack trace reference the following:

Last Remote Function MulticastClearSnappedStructuresEvent

So, since it works fine for you without mod, my first guess would be a crash when calling into S+'s assets.

Okay i was able to get the server to load with only those 3 mods loaded, the server is totally booted up running just fine. However, when I connect to it, I get mod version mismatch. I have copied the Mod files directly from my clients mod folder after running the game into my servers mod folder and it still says version mismatch. I'm lost.

Update: Discovered the -automanagedmods commandline argument, enabled it, the server updated mods on launch, I saw it open CMD and download and install them, and im still having the same problem

8 hours ago, Larkfields said:

It looks like the Island has loaded correctly.
I added  the following to the top of your Game.ini, but made no other changes...

[ModInstaller]
ModIDS=2185399633
ModIDS=731604991
ModIDS=761535755

Untitled.jpg.60fb19ea88784f82fc7ea43cbafd2e0e.jpg

Amazingly enough, I figured out my mod version mismatch was a client issue, corrected by deleting my mod folders in my client and letting it reinstall. Now the problem I'm having is that I can't get the server to load S+ for some reason, I can see that it loaded for you, as all the structures are there. When I load up and get connected, any structure that was S+ is gone, and i have no access to crafting any s+ items or using the "pull" feature of s+. So I am assuming the server isn't loading S+, but I'm not sure why. I added those lines to the Game.ini, didn't change anything. I am very grateful for the continued assistance!

25 minutes ago, Larkfields said:

Did you stop the map, then put the modinstaller section into your game.ini then restart the map ?

AFAIK, -automanagedmods needs that section to know which mods to update on the server.
Your client will then pull the mods it needs.

Oh, and did you copy your backup into your server's folder again? 

I did do all of those things. I finally got the server to load S+ after disabling the automanagedmods and manually copying the files from my client mod files. I noticed one of the files was missing for S+ in the server mod folder, copied it in, and the automanager removed it as soon as i started the server. After disabling it, and re-copying the save into the folder again i was able to load it all up and get it all back. I will try redoing it all again with a freshly copied save and see if I can get the auto mod installing to work, but I have now gotten to a place where I have recovered my data, and it is thanks to help from the kind strangers on this forum. I cannot thank you gentlemen enough!

Archived