PvE drowning

GruNation

Why is drowning bodies still allowed on pve official servers? if someone is offline, they shouldn't be able to be drowned. it's ridiculous. If i must say, players drown offline players to loot their bodies. No, i didn't log off out of base. server crashed while i was taming a stryder. people logged on before i could. someone drowned my body.

I always play w/ no armor... only exceptions; caving / bosses / blue(airborne spores)+rad(radiation..) zone on ab.   Even for snow, i'll just bring pots and leave the area asap.  Always leave my gear on the animal I ride.

THat's not just because of drowning, though its in the list of reasons why....  but different maps dropping you when it saves, crashing 14x a day, battleeye goes wonky, people drown you...

On 5/12/2022 at 3:28 AM, Muucow said:

because it's the best way to keep the beaches clean of beach bobs and stop the stench of rotting corpses that dont shower.

i remember the island even before SE dlc came out... i live by the beach above a cliff near a spawn point but only had pillars around to keep the beach and spawn point open as hand picking stones used to be the best method for gathering as it spawned faster than rocks and anky sucked (doed didnt exist yet)

had a small box with a ramp to drag them in to as collection 🤣

On 5/12/2022 at 4:31 PM, GruNation said:

that's true.  i guess it does help for the people built on/around spawn points.

The peeps that build around / on a character spawn point should be strangled at birth - not drowned! This is the #1 reason I gave up trying PVE on official. I cannot count the number of times I have spawned in a new character to a new (to me) map, and spent the next x hours respawning and respawning and respawning because I could not walk / jump / crawl / swim my way out of sprawling huge bases into the bigger map.

On 5/12/2022 at 7:26 AM, Thekuervito said:

Try to have a base near a beach with lots of bobs lvl 1 sleeping in any place.

I would argue that this is a problem created by WC not designing their game properly.

1) Spawn areas should be smaller

2) It should be absolutely impossible to build on a spawn area

3) Problem solved

4) Of course this would make spawning in to a map in PvP slightly harder, since it would be easier for established tribes to create a kill zone. This solution is obviously better for PvE than for PvP. But it's already harder on PvP since there is no obligation to give people the ability to exit from your base in PvP, on PvP it's ok to trap people who spawn in an kill them anyway.

5) Net result: Better for PvE, about the same for PvP - better system than allowing drowning in PvE.

5 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

The peeps that build around / on a character spawn point should be strangled at birth - not drowned! This is the #1 reason I gave up trying PVE on official. I cannot count the number of times I have spawned in a new character to a new (to me) map, and spent the next x hours respawning and respawning and respawning because I could not walk / jump / crawl / swim my way out of sprawling huge bases into the bigger map.

i was being sarcastic on this one. i find it annoying that people build on player spawn locations. 

On 5/12/2022 at 9:56 AM, Tylanater said:

There's not really a way to prevent it unless you turn off drowning completely from PvE servers. Which would make water exploration trivial. Paint your gear some weird color so you can tell who did it lol.

i hadn't thought about it, but i had the fed suit on and on gen 2. so not sure why i was still able to be drowned. 

18 hours ago, ThePryBar said:

It was designed as a PvP game not the other way around.  

True, agreed, but that doesn't prevent WC from making changes over the years as they learn more about how their own game works.

They have made many changes the game that were designed specifically to make the PvE experience better. The core issue is that WC has never truly grasped what PvE means to their players who want to play PvE, which is why there have been so many ways to grief people with cowardly faux-PvP tricks on the PvE servers.

If WC wanted to do a better job of improving PvE they could, they just don't want to.

Archived