question I have a question about Breeding / Stats

Spenkyman01

Hello Survivors,

It has been some months sinds my last post and have a good understanding on how breeding works and how the egg incubator works as wel but I am running in to two things that
confuses me a lot.

First One

I have been breeding with Giganotosaurus (Two) and (Four) where the healt from (Two) does not want to transfer over to the baby Giganotosaurus we have had over 100+ eggs and none of them have the Healt form (Two) I understand that breeding is a slow process but is it this slow?

I have listed the stats on the Giganotosaurus down here

Name: Two
Level: 211
Mutation: No
Healt: 35160.0
Stamina: 407.6
Melee: 184.0

Name: Four
Level: 240
Healt: 18800.0
Stamina: 407.6
Melee: 230

Second one

I have been breeding with Spinos for the last 2 days and notice that the Melee on the Baby Spinos Increased with out having a mutation on them I notice this when I set (Six) and (One) to breeding the baby I got form them should have been Healt: 6300.1, Stamina: 1295.0 and Melee: 357.2 but the Melee was instead 361.0
Is this normal on spinos?

I have listed the stats on the Spinos down here

Name: Six
Level: 212
Healt: 5040.1
Stamina: 1295.0
Melee: 357.2

Name: One
Level: 217
Healt: 6300.1
Stamina: 1225.0
Melee: 261.1

Cheers,
SpenkyMan01

• Spenkyman01 changed the title to I have a question about Breeding / Stats

Question 1.  My guess it those are not the breeding stats for Giga Two and that's why you're not getting the health you want after 100 eggs.  Was that giga levelled or imprinted? If so, then the breeding stats are less that what you see in many stat categories.

Question 2.  I don't see the issue.  You bred spinos (One and Six) and got the better Melee and Health from One...and the best Stamina from Six.  Whenever you breed you will have a chance of getting some stats from Female and some stats from Male with a slightly better chance of getting the higher stat.  Looks pretty normal to me.

That giga health looks like fully imprinted giga health to me. Imprint isn't inheritable.

As for spinos. Babies sometimes get better "taming effectiveness" than the parents, so they get some slightly higher stats than the parent they inherited the stats from (yep, despite being bred and not tamed from the wild). I had that happen myself, with an ankylo - 38 melee on mother, 39 - on the baby, without mutations. It's just ARK being weird.

Thank you @AllOfTheAllos and @Penguin73 for the feedback!   

It seems that one of my teammates has imprinted the Giganotosaurus (Two) when it was a baby and I haven't noticed it until it got mentioned today! what has lead to 100+ eggs being destroyed for nothing.   

Again thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

@SPenkyman01 , giga imprints are special on HP compared with most other animals.    Most animals it's just a 20% increase when you 100% imprint.   ..so 10,000 hp will finish at 12,000 hp

But gigas will see almost 100% increase, that's why you were drooling over transferring the 35k and didn't notice.  Easy thing to miss, most of us have had this moment.

____

the spinos:

If you breed with original tames, you will see these changes in melee%.   If you tame it with mutton or just raw meat.  You can get a bad percent , but when baby hatches, it gets the best possible expression of the points there, so the % will reflect that. 

Example, not actual #s:  dino has 30 points melee, gets 270% on tame because effectiveness was 90%.  Baby born gets that 30 points melee, BUT its a baby so it gets an automatic 100% effectiveness on tame - gets 300% melee.  No mutations , no changes, just the effectiveness multiplied by the melee points spits out a better #.

As for why giga's get such a big boost due to imprints, it is due to how the imprint bonus interacts with the nerf tame gigas get.  When you tame a giga, it gets a minus 63k health reduction compared to a wild giga with the same number of levels in health. All wild gigas have like 80k to 82k health, so all tamed ones will have 17k to 19k health or so. The 20% bonus from imprint is applied to the pre-nerf health first (so like 80k > 96k health), then the 63k nerf is applied.  So basically all fully imprinted gigas will have about 33k to 36k health. Unless you went really silly with health mutations.

This is also true for the melee stat, that gets an 80 percentile point nerf.

Archived