Do you get resources from demolishing abandoned structures

Fusioncheese

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Fusioncheese said:

I'm currently playing on an island server with alot of. Abandoned structures that are almost ready to be demolished but I want to know do I get resources from them

No, you don't. You only get resources for structures you or your tribe own.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Vesdied said:

Some structures (like the vault) you can demolish even if it's from another tribe, as long as they've been offline long enough.

Technically, all structures can be manually demolished if they are rendered when their decay timer reaches zero since the deletion happens when they go out of stasis. Though, you don't get half the resources used to craft them which I think is what OP asked about.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Technically, all structures can be manually demolished if they are rendered when their decay timer reaches zero since the deletion happens when they go out of stasis. Though, you don't get half the resources used to craft them which I think is what OP asked about.

Strange...

When I demolished an inactive tribe's vault, it gave me the resources used to craft it, guess that was a bug or something.

3 hours ago, Vesdied said:

Some structures (like the vault) you can demolish even if it's from another tribe, as long as they've been offline long enough.

you don't get resources from the vault itself, just what's inside it if anything is there.  The question was not precise, but if the OP was thinking about getting materials from the actual placed structures then there is no reward for breaking the walls.  The only rewards would be what is stored in storages and inside the crafting structure pieces that are ready to be broken.

23 hours ago, Vesdied said:

Strange...

When I demolished an inactive tribe's vault, it gave me the resources used to craft it, guess that was a bug or something.

I'm 99% sure that it gave you the resources that were contained inside the vault, not the resources used to construct it. I'm betting that what you did was look in the bag that was left on the ground after you destroyed the vault and then you pulled resources out of that bag.

So the question for you is, did you find resources in a bag on the ground after you destroyed the vault or the the game place resources into your inventory for you?

If the game gave you the resources from destroying the fault you would find the following in your inventory (and not inside the bag on the ground).

250 × Metal Ingot or Scrap Metal Ingot

50 × Cementing Paste or Achatina Paste

35 × Oil

45 × Polymer

1 minute ago, Pipinghot said:

I'm 99% sure that it gave you the resources that were contained inside the vault, not the resources used to construct it. I'm betting that what you did was look in the bag that was left on the ground after you destroyed the vault and then you pulled resources out of that bag.

So the question for you is, did you find resources in a bag on the ground after you destroyed the vault or the the game place resources into your inventory for you?

If the game gave you the resources from destroying the fault you would find the following in your inventory (and not inside the bag on the ground).

250 × Metal Ingot or Scrap Metal Ingot

50 × Cementing Paste or Achatina Paste

35 × Oil

45 × Polymer

Nah, it gave me the resources. I looked in the bag and there was a bunch of oil and sulfur.

21 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Even if you dont get the resources used to craft it, it is a nice thing to do and it helps you cause the server has to save every piece of wire, every lamp post, every box, and the less there is to save the faster the save time will be.

That's a nice thought, but if you think about the total number of pieces and dino's that players have added to every map then cleaning up the pieces from one single tribe really doesn't matter. Every day on every Official server there are tribes that come and go, animals that are tamed & die, wild dino's that spawn and despawn, buildings that decay and disappear automatically. If you think about the total number of building pieces and animals that come and go on a daily basis then the structures from a single inactive tribe don't have any affect on the server that matters.

Having said that, if people want to clear away stuff from inactive tribes they should go ahead and do it, it's just that no one should think that they're making a difference in the performance of the server, that stuff will decay anyway even if no one does anything.

8 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

That's a nice thought, but if you think about the total number of pieces and dino's that players have added to every map then cleaning up the pieces from one single tribe really doesn't matter. Every day on every Official server there are tribes that come and go, animals that are tamed & die, wild dino's that spawn and despawn, buildings that decay and disappear automatically. If you think about the total number of building pieces and animals that come and go on a daily basis then the structures from a single inactive tribe don't have any affect on the server that matters.

Having said that, if people want to clear away stuff from inactive tribes they should go ahead and do it, it's just that no one should think that they're making a difference in the performance of the server, that stuff will decay anyway even if no one does anything.

Some stuff doesnt decay. Spike walls dont. Water pipes didnt used to but they do now thankfully.  Vaults dont auto decay, boxes. There are other things. 

Archived