Merged tribes

Vicky561

Recently a tribe accidently merged with mine and we were trying to figure out how to fix it but did not find a solution. We ended up making an agreement but the other tribe disobeyed the agreement by coming into my base and stealing stuff and also maxing out the tame limit. Do I have the right to kick them ? They have been acting super duper suspicious ever since that happened and I'm fed up with it. I just want to know if I have the right to kick them. I worked hard for my stuff and found out they have been hiding all my stolen dinos in their base which is actually my base now since they merged. 

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Vicky561 said:

Recently a tribe accidently merged with mine and we were trying to figure out how to fix it but did not find a solution. We ended up making an agreement but the other tribe disobeyed the agreement by coming into my base and stealing stuff and also maxing out the tame limit. Do I have the right to kick them ? They have been acting super duper suspicious ever since that happened and I'm fed up with it. I just want to know if I have the right to kick them. I worked hard for my stuff and found out they have been hiding all my stolen dinos in their base which is actually my base now since they merged. 

You are the rightful owner of the tribe and own everything that belong to it. Kick them.

the-simpsons-moe.gif

Well mostly all the stuff I did give it to that tribe so they can start off but he was taming stryders after stryders maxing out the tame limit on purpose. I lost 3 baby gigas because I did not notice that that person maxed out the tame limit. I've read the terms and service and policies and even if you report it to ark support, they cannot do anything because once they merged it does give them a warning so it does not hold them responsible. I've contacted ark and gm said they cannot do anything about the merging it is the tribes decision to kick or not. 

10 hours ago, Vicky561 said:

As far as WildCard, the ToC and the CoC are concerned you own the tribe, you can do what you want with it.

But of course this goes beyond simply looking at what the rules say. As long as you are confident that you have done the right thing to help them recover from this mistake then there's no reason that you should let people disobey the agreement, you should protect yourself from being taken advantage of and kick them.

Remember, even after you kick them you always have the option of giving them more stuff. You could give them tames in cryopods, you could put resources and building pieces into boxes and tell them the code to get into that box. If you believe that you owe it to them to give them 20 foundations, 100 walls and 30 ceiling tiles you can do that after you've kicked them out. You don't need them to still be in the tribe in order for you to compensate them for what they've lost. Heck, you could even go to the location of their original buildings, tear those buildings down to free up the space for them to rebuild and give them all of the resources from tearing down the buildings.

The moment someone starts stealing stuff you no longer have an ethical obligation to keep them in your tribe. Making sure they get their tames back and helping them with some resources is a decent thing to do, but there is no reason to let them take advantage of you. Kick them and then make peace on your own terms.

You might want to make sure you have tribe settings set to tribe owned for all structures and dinos.  If you leave it personal owned, then the system will treat any dino out w/ the Owner: soandsonamehere on top of it's name as that players.  THe dino will go w/ them even if you raised it.   

Go into Governance and select the right settings first:

tempsnip.thumb.jpg.1d17b1534dd4ea262e897d549a881f57.jpg

Archived