Community Crunch 314: Fjordhawk Teaser, New Sponsored Mods, and More!

StudioWildcard

On 5/11/2022 at 12:26 PM, Scuff3d said:

I have close to 500 days and can assure you the game is not as popular as it was years ago. And you don’t think the games dead? Look on any server; they all have about 1-10 people playing out of 60

Having just shy of two years in game to make some attempt at appeal to authority doesn't make you the foremost expert on in game analytics. Mentioning something that silly in a forum where there are likely people that have been playing since day 1 does nothing. Furthermore you assume that because you see a trend one way it must be universal. You fail to factor in different platforms, unofficial vs official, PvE vs pvp, and the varying times in which people may get on in your assessment.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

On 5/11/2022 at 2:14 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

Factual data says you are wrong. 

image.png

?? Graph shows more people played in 2017 then now, don’t forget to mention there’s probably 100x more servers now with the same amount of players 5 years ago spread out between them. 75% of servers have less than 3 people playing out of 70. yea the games not dead.

Edited by Scuff3d

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Scuff3d said:

?? Graph shows more people played in 2017 then now, don’t forget to mention there’s probably 100x more servers now with the same amount of players 5 years ago spread out between them. 75% of servers have less than 3 people playing out of 70. yea the games not dead.

The graph shows the player base staying nearly the same. Over the entire life of the game. 

What you are talking about is those same players are now spread out among all the new DLC/other maps which is undoubtable true.

Edited by Joebl0w13

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Scuff3d said:

?? Graph shows more people played in 2017 then now

I usually stay out of the ARK is dead arguments considering people have been saying that for years.

However, one cannot ignore the ludicrous claim you just made.

I enlarged the graph for easier sight and put a straight yellow line across from now all the way back to 2015.

In 2017 the green went above the yellow line, what, twice? Compare that to the above yellow line from 2020 until now?

Untitled-1.png

Obviously the big peaks towards the end are the Genesis DLCs and Lost Island etc. But they are still considerably higher than anything before that. Also you can clearly see there were a lot more dips below the yellow line between 2016 - 2019 than there has been since 2020 at least on Steam.

So @Joebl0w13 is correct in that it shows the player base staying nearly the same over the entire life of the game. However, with the yellow line added, it clearly shows that since 2020 it shows an improvement with hardly anything under the yellow line.

So i'm a little confused how you claim to say the graph shows more people played in 2017 than now.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, Scuff3d said:

I have close to 500 days and can assure you the game is not as popular as it was years ago. And you don’t think the games dead? Look on any server; they all have about 1-10 people playing out of 60

a dead game is a game that has very few if any players  ark has thousands of players and with every new update more and more people join the ark community. Ark is a pretty popular game and ark 2 might build upon the sucsess of ark 1 bringing many more players and being an overall more popular game than ark 1.

I'm glad to see another person who thinks that the game is still alive and well cause i think we can all agree it is a grate game that only gets better as time goes on.

3 hours ago, GP said:

I usually stay out of the ARK is dead arguments considering people have been saying that for years.

However, one cannot ignore the ludicrous claim you just made.

I enlarged the graph for easier sight and put a straight yellow line across from now all the way back to 2015.

In 2017 the green went above the yellow line, what, twice? Compare that to the above yellow line from 2020 until now?

Untitled-1.png

Obviously the big peaks towards the end are the Genesis DLCs and Lost Island etc. But they are still considerably higher than anything before that. Also you can clearly see there were a lot more dips below the yellow line between 2016 - 2019 than there has been since 2020 at least on Steam.

So @Joebl0w13 is correct in that it shows the player base staying nearly the same over the entire life of the game. However, with the yellow line added, it clearly shows that since 2020 it shows an improvement with hardly anything under the yellow line.

So i'm a little confused how you claim to say the graph shows more people played in 2017 than now.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:26 AM, Scuff3d said:

Also there are thousands of servers across the 11 different maps that ark has not to mention the fact that there are people that play host/local because they don't like playing  multiplayer. 

On 5/11/2022 at 8:23 AM, Scuff3d said:

It’s not just railgun. But sniper and ESP. He’s right, the game is dead

how do so many people think this game is dead it  has near 70,000 people on the game and plus if you play on console or pc the number of people on servers is different because the game is not cross console so there could be  more people on console i play PC and Xbox and whenever i look for a server i cant get into one because they are full.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
On 5/16/2022 at 12:46 AM, Scuff3d said:

Just about a quarter of a million people playing this dead game:

image.png

• 1 year later...