Fix Imprinting so it's reasonable.

SarahMonette

You can't get a 100% imprint on regular official rates without quitting school, job and getting no REM sleep.  Stop being abusive and/or using the excuse "you could just go buy your own server and set your own rates."  Your game objective are cruel.  Fix it so someone could actually get it done without killing themselves and ruining their irl future.  

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, SarahMonette said:

You can't get a 100% imprint on regular official rates without quitting school, job and getting no REM sleep.  Stop being abusive and/or using the excuse "you could just go buy your own server and set your own rates."  Your game objective are cruel.  Fix it so someone could actually get it done without killing themselves and ruining their irl future.  

Cryopods allow you to breed and imprint on your own schedule. Freeze them whenever you log off, and resume them when you play. Also, the Maewing/Procoptodon allow you to get ahead on the imprinting progress as well.

I believe it's just a matter of organization. Just cryopod everything that you're growing while you're not playing or if you know that you can't log in when they need to be imprinted. I work most of the day and I grow my dinos just in the evening. Then I keep them out in the night, imprint them in the morning and pod them back.

It takes longer to grow them up, I know... but at least you're sure you don't loose any imprint.

5 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

Same answer as your thread about breeding.

I understand why you hate these times, these are some of the reasons I don't play on Official servers, the game is too much of a time sync and controls your schedule too much. You always have the uption of Single Player, where you can customize the game experience to be fun for your personal play style.

7 hours ago, SarahMonette said:

It used to range from like 4 hours all the way to like 7 hours, and they could pick any time between there, so you would have to get up at 4am to imprint one you just imprinted at 12am, and then be back up again to imprint the 5 hour timer other one an hour and a half later. At least now you can imprint and get sleep before the next imprint and if you cant imprint you can cryo them, there were no pods back in the day! You can even use pods to mostly synch the imprints!

On 5/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, SarahMonette said:

Everyone pretty much said the same.  Before cryopods...on official primitive....imprint got done.

This point of view from the OP is one not realizing what Ark was when it was a real survival game...no offense.

10 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

One animal that is extremely difficult to hit 100% imprint is the ravager.   Without using a procoptodon, you are in for hell to make it work - even with pods.  But this is the only animal that I can think of that is this difficult, anklyo maybe a close second.

My first aberrant anky,need terror bird kibble 5 minutes before full grow -_- ( no have a egg farm)

OP is no so much interested in the history of the game: OP is talking about buying a game (new), and playing the game NOW. And achieving the "objectives" of the game in a reasonable time frame.

Most games on the market, one can fight through that lot lot in, lets guess, like a month of Real Life time. Brilliant - good game, good Return On Investment in the game.

Ark - specifically as it is marketed as an On Line game - with official servers - really does not fit this footprint. There is NO way that a new purchaser of Ark can do all that ascendant stuff within (like) a month and then say "cool, I had a good game" .

So to blather on  a bit, Ark for peeps that bought into the beta stuff a million years ago, and lived through all the enormously exciting map change this and dino release that is a very different person to a relatively new "kid on the block".

NO disrespect intended to any peeps including OP !!!!!!! its a game and it is now what it is - the question that (I think) OP is asking is "Why is this game so difficult to WIN when one starts from scratch" 

And that is a legitimate question - disregarding all of the years of breed this and sell that and etc.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:01 AM, Yggdrassil said:

Anyone remember trying to raise/imprint a giga before cryos?.... 😫

yes, yes indeed i do remember that pain having to have to schedule work holidays around imprints needing 4-5 people getting meat/feeding on a 24h schedule.

15 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

OP is no so much interested in the history of the game: OP is talking about buying a game (new), and playing the game NOW. And achieving the "objectives" of the game in a reasonable time frame.

Most games on the market, one can fight through that lot lot in, lets guess, like a month of Real Life time. Brilliant - good game, good Return On Investment in the game.

Ark - specifically as it is marketed as an On Line game - with official servers - really does not fit this footprint. There is NO way that a new purchaser of Ark can do all that ascendant stuff within (like) a month and then say "cool, I had a good game" .

So to blather on  a bit, Ark for peeps that bought into the beta stuff a million years ago, and lived through all the enormously exciting map change this and dino release that is a very different person to a relatively new "kid on the block".

NO disrespect intended to any peeps including OP !!!!!!! its a game and it is now what it is - the question that (I think) OP is asking is "Why is this game so difficult to WIN when one starts from scratch" 

And that is a legitimate question - disregarding all of the years of breed this and sell that and etc.

ark was never intended as an "i played for a month and finished the game" kind of game, it's always based as a marathon imo. with the way things have gone on official with the newer players it's always the same question being asked why is this game so difficult? the simple answer is it's a SURVIVAL game it's not intended to be an easy win even when the beach bobs come rushing in begging for dinos fliers food and drink cause games too hard. not flaming your response just saying what it is.

Archived