cp Whats best way to farm cementing Paste these days please ?

STUL

The fastest way I have found to get paste is to run missions on Gen2 and then simply buy from the HLNA store. With a decent imprinted giga you can run Alpha Velo stalk in less than ten minutes. Run it three times and you will have enough hex to slotcap yourself with paste, well any slots that are not filled mission gear you find useful. If I am doing my math right you could fill a dedicated storage in about 3 hours this way.

I recommend you to continue with the stone and chitin, I bet thats the best way even better than snails.

2 dedi storages (chitin & stone) at 2-3 chemy benchs, fill with the rational portions to the 100 slots of each (1/3 chitin & 2/3 stone) and thats it, hold A in the paste icon to craft the max ykr. Just fill the stone dedi with the stryder and for the chitin dedi I personally teleport to insect locations with a megatherium on rag, I get thousands of paste in minutes. If you do crab-kill for poly you have there another way to fill your chitin dedi easily and get rid of the chitin runs.

Analize this bro, just think of the only pro of the snail method, you have the passive & auto gathering of the paste for the price of the following cons: first you need many tames (snails & gachas), you need to keep feeding both tames, seeds for the gacha or whatever and you have to cook lots of cakes for the achatina, yeah you also need the sap run and honey run, oh have you the beehive ? nice, you have there another tame needed... and special feeding, although the rare flower is an easy task its another thing to keep in mind, all this and maybe more for very few amount of paste after waiting lots of hours tbh compared to the bench crafting.

Thats it.. keep chitin and stone , easier method for thousands of paste, and when evo event is on, you can fill a dedi in about 3 hours.

I have 10 snails and I have them on follow to a boat (they have to be on wander to produce) and I get 1k every like hour I think it is, maybe every hour and a half. They do tend to eat a lot of cakes at first though, so IMO get yourself high level ones because otherwise they can starve to death fast. Also you have to clear it out when it gets to 100 or it wont keep going, but its passive and you dont have to be online for them to make it, just to collect it. I once saw someone with like 100 snails, it was crazy!

@Dreadcthulhu said it best.   Do a gen1 or gen2 mission and trade hex for cp.  ITs the fastest way.  I've cleared every beaver dam on extinction and that took over 30 minutes to do.  I can get 2x as much in 1/3 the time running the alpha shadowmane mission on gen2.

It also doesn't hurt to have the gacha/snail farm running in background as it does keep a constant supply incoming.  BUt the inputs to keep that going is more time consuming than just farming hex.

How much paste do you need? We always have 10 or so snails at the base that we empty a few times a day. Usually that's enough for anything we do, and if it isn't we have a Tek Transmitter set up near the big beaver dams on Ragnarok. We hit them a few times a day as well if necessary (which probably wouldn't work so well on if you're on a busy server).

I'm surprised no one mentioned Beelzebufos. If you do the swamp cave on the Island with one, it's increased insect damage helps it absolutely tear through it, and getting the cementing paste is an added bonus. Of course, megatheriums are better, because they can handle everything else, but you could keep one in a cryo and throw it out when you need to. Or you could just go to the swamp and kill the insects there. Of course, kapros are a danger, but you could jump away from them if you time it right. Anyway, good luck and happy ARKing!

If you have the means, consider cloning a very low level karkinos and harvesting with a moschops. You will get a good amount of chitin plus organic poly whenever you harvest one. You can also store the karkinos in a cryo until an event if you wanted, for even higher gains. If you have a stryder then stone will never be an issue

One option is to go to the swamp cave on the island with a toad and commit bug genocide, another option is to do abunch of gen 2 missions and get all those sweet sweet hexagons for cp in hlna's store, you can also use 20 or so snails to constantly produce cp, just keep in mind they eat sweet veggie cakes, so they're pretty expensive to keep, another option is to use a stryder, megatherium, chemistry bench combo, use the stryder to gather absurd amounts of stone, use the megatherium, preferably the island swamp cave I mentioned before, as megatheriums burn through bugs with their bug buff, and use the chem bench to mass produce the cp, you can also raid bever dams for hundreds of cp, they're located all along the side of rivers, a last resort in case you can't do any of those, you can trade it from someone else, you can trade babies, bps, or resources, however if you're on a pvp server there's probably a very small minority that trades on pvp.

In our heyday my tribe kept 64 snails out on our Rag server and just shipped the paste to wherever it was needed so that's 6,400 paste/1-2 hour(s) roughly. If you scrape them pretty regularly then you can fill up dedis in no time at all, plus I would use the organic poly that also gets dropped to make safes for when we needed them. The only problem with this method is maintaining the snails because you'll need SEVERAL bee hives to keep up with sweet veggie cake production so that means a healthy supply of sap and stimulants as well. We slowed down on the game somewhat and our beehives kept decaying for some weird reason so we've cut back on that number significantly but that's always been our go to method. I can understand the appeal of the stone/chitin approach though, no maintenance or upkeep required, just go out and harvest as much as you need, when you need it. Sure it takes time to craft in a bench but the cakes take time as well so its comparable. I'd say give both methods a try and see which one feels like less of a burden to you and there's your winner.

Archived