My thoughts on cosmetics having a minor stat change

Dodge2134

I've noticed a lot of posts saying that they'd like to have armour and weapons that could have a skin applied to them that would change their stats (damage, status effect, durability), and I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the idea. Ark II is supposed to be a continuation of Ark, in both the story and the playstyle. To me, having skins that do more than change the appearance of an item, means that it's no longer a skin, it's an upgrade or an attachment. There have been posts about being able to customize armour and the visual aspect of it, which I like, and there could be a way that you could "swap out" resources required for a piece of armour. If we get armour made from stego plates or animal hides, you could probably use certain ones interchangeably (dilo for raptor, trike for stego) and that could result in a minor, or major, change in defence. 

TL;DR skins should stay skins, customization could allow for armour stat changes

• 3 weeks later...

Having certain armors be able to be crafted from varying components which impart different stats could be interesting. For instance say there was "bone armor" and for the first set you made it out of cheap dilo bones but for the second you made it out of giga bones. The second set should logically have much better stats.

Archived