I has a vent

wizard03

would you want to watch a 100 day challange in this low resolution?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. would you want to watch a 100 day challenge in this low resolution?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/10/2022 at 09:05 PM

So for the past 18 days Iv been trying to do the 100 day challenge thing zany zebra does. Difficult isn't even the start of it. First off, Im on xbox {for those who don't know} and there is only about 2 options to record a run. First is twitch which depends entirely on your internet speed and other user's. And since Im in the boondocks, means my only options for service is highly limited and Im forced to use a hotspot device. In other words, any video's I record to twitch will be of very LOW quality.

The other option is a in line recording device. An el gata is out of my price range and I need a PC to download the video's and such. Currently my PC limitations is also very bad. An old lenovo all in one is all I got, not even sure if it has enough space to hold all the recordings.

So twitch and bad graphics it is.

Im going along and died a couple times as one would expect, but I noticed my next problem. My mind set.....apparently Im full yolo. Granted Iv dropped the "I gotta get my kit back" mentality if something happens to my tames or what not, but Im constantly struggling with the "I need this no matter how dangerous it is" when it comes to taming creatures or cave running.

Its been a struggle, but Iv slowly edged myself from that mentality and started working much more cautiously in my last attempt....and then I got arked. Was doing the easy caves and then boom, game crash....logged back in and it declared me dead. x.x I found my corpse standing in front of a newly tamed dung beetle, Thylacoleo standing faithfully by my side. I have no clue how I died, so decided to just force tame and transfer tribe ownership to the new character.

Things went well for awhile and then I got in over my head again while attempting to level up the daedon while in the swamp cave. Got swarmed on by 5 arthaplathura at the same time....not enough gas masks, not even a hope to get around them and back out of the cave before my health drained empty, but I tried..... I failed.
Rejoin tribe, retake structures, get back to swamp cave, this time smash it no problem.

Iv cheated twice now in this final run through and part of me is starting to give up. But I stick to it and over the course of time, Im starting to get back into the groove. In fact I was so close to just giving up that I decided to go get the artifact of the skylord. I have never seen it actually spawn in and I decided then and there that if it somehow magically spawns in, Ill keep it going. It spawned......for the very first time since I ever owned this game, it was there like it was supposed to be. For the first time ever, the skylord was sitting there, waiting for me to take it. I was shocked.

I actually get to the end stage and Im slightly worried. Only got 6 rex's, 8 megatherium's, but I have a full load out of theri's. Their stats are not great, but I have all 18 of em, and I have cakes, so I decide to yolo the monkey first. rex's/theri's/yuty/daedon with 80k food stat. No cakes, just as a test. I smash the monkey....Like 'no one in my entire group took any sort of definable damage", smash the monkey.

Nice, however its day 96, I gotta spend a day to feed the pig, do another boss fight, feed the pig again, the dragon, feed pig again.....Im gonna be late on the 100 day challenge, but I say to heck with it. I didn't actually do the challenge properly to begin with anyhow as I died both legitimately and ill legitimately, so to heck with it. I hit the spider, the megs got a bit of damage, but everyone survives, and then the draggy....honestly Im super proud of the dragon run. Like super super proud. I lost one theri, lost one rex, {I forgot to level up one of the theri's so supplemented said non leveled theri with a junk rex.} and everyone else made it free and clear.....without the cakes. 😮 

So now, here I am. At the tek cave gate, all trophies in hand, everyone in line to go into the belly of the beast. And I remembered something.....twitch only keeps your videp's for 15 days, Im 18 days in......Iv lost the first 30 days of terribly low quality game play.

==================================================================

Im not sure if I got it in me to try again. I want to, I want to do it so badly cause it looks like fun, it can be very entertaining, maybe I can show someone something useful, but this is starting to feel like a huge waste. I can't offer high quality content. Im bending and breaking rules to finish this project.

I want to, but can anyone give me a heads up if they want to even watch something this low qual?
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1473170995

4 hours ago, Griffin998 said:

Oops! I had saw this post, and even clicked on the poll, but didn't comment. Anyway, I would love to watch a 100 days challenge! I've watched the ones Syntac's made, and they're pretty darn good. Seeing one by a regular ARKer like me would be cool. That's it from me, so good luck and happy ARKing!

thanks man, wish Id get some other heads up on it, but that quality. bleh. Iv tried to turn it up, but everytime I do it really gets unstable. One minute is 4k and 60 fps, next is bug goo on a window at 3 fps........Allright, well at least I got someone is looking for something. Ill do what I can, but since Iv allready lost so much allready, Im gonna have to start from scratch. Lest I can toy with the video editor and see if its freindly with twitch clips.

My preferences when watching streams and videos are for:  Actual gameplay without cheats (like nooblets) so I can learn how to play; or a good story in which I don't mind cheats being used so long as they're not obvious (like neebs).

Don't underestimate the  time and effort required to produce a video.  Several youtubers have videos that explain how they go about it - they're worth watching.

And: Don't give up... 

17 hours ago, Larkfields said:

My preferences when watching streams and videos are for:  Actual gameplay without cheats (like nooblets) so I can learn how to play; or a good story in which I don't mind cheats being used so long as they're not obvious (like neebs). Don't underestimate the  time and effort required to produce a video.  Several youtubers have videos that explain how they go about it - they're worth watching. And: Don't give up... 

Editing doesn't scare me too much. Yeah, its long and tedious, but I have done it before. Sadly I was unaware of how violent YouTube was at enforcing music copyrights even though I didn't think I had used anything wrong, but I have already cooked up 3 video's using nothing more than the windows video editor.

Its just the starting over again, and the fact that the quality of the whole thing.....Im gonna go at it again, and the good news is I really want to do this legit. Sadly I can't get online and a single player story line is not all that interesting. It might be if laid out properly, but it might sound a little repetitive to others who did the same thing.

13 hours ago, 1david25 said:

I would watch it; you could always consider something even harder, like only building on the back of dinos; it brings in some fun limitations. 

Thanks, this isn't easy to start with and then the fact that Im going to also have to trim out any spots where things are just too blurry to understand anyhow, it was just something ontop of the rest of it.

Hopefully I get this done in the next week or so, the kids will be out of school for summer vacation soon and if I don't get it nailed out before then, Ill have some extra distractions ontop of the old ones. >.>

Archived