Game mechanic and real balancing

Carnageabsolute

Suggestion

The dinos looks and movements of this game are phenomenal! But I have some issues with the game itself.

Minus the dinos this game is a copy and paste of 7 days to die amongst others like it.

I see people saying it's balanced in comments all over like YouTube and forums etc...i want to know whats so balanced about 3 troodon killing me and my steg? Like really? Hows that balance?

I 100% think that each dino needs its own stats. Its ridiculous to see something like a dilop killing a titanboa who would easily wrap it up and squeeze or 4 compy killing me and my quetz even though my quetz should be able to pick it up and straight eat them he instead dies...absolutely absurd! To fix this BS I would give all dino attacks a cool down...and something like dilop compy or troodon has no business fighting a rex or steg they should run from them...

Every fight in the game is just bite bite bite bite bite...where is the actual battle? With cooldowns it would be more realist like the isle or path of titans...A charge or lunge...then a bite...then reposition for a scratch or tail whip then...reposition for another attack in which would feel more realistic and be more fun and rewarding knowing you won that fight based off of position and abilities rather then mashing bite bite bite with max level dino. Which brings me back to when I said every dino needs its own stats that the players can't manipulate much at all...take away levels from dinos give each realistic stats and abilities... Because watching something small easily kill a way larger predator is just imo dumb to watch and hard to stay involved and excited about. I had a level 10 sabertooth kill me and 2 of my ankly both above 100 with just a few hits like an hour ago...it made me want to quit completely.

Next I would add a dodge roll of some type...if a rex is chasing me and i can dodge a lung or bite or w/e the dino would have a miss target animation which would give a player time to escape or fight back. Altho I agree if a rex gets you your dead but there has to be a way combat that...rex missing a bite would be like him stumbling and running into a cliff or trees and having to regroup and try a attack again. Which I think would make for way better and epic battles. As of now you just get chomp chomp chomp dead...hows that fun?

I feel ark is almost the perfect dino game but it needs real balance and mechanics that give players a fighting chance to at least dodge some of the incoming attacks and make a run for it or plan a way to fight back.

I say that because to many times have I tried to tame a dino and a pack of terror birds spawn in randomly ( yes I've checked the area before trying the tame) and kill the unconscious dino and theres not a damn thing that can be done about it. And most times I end up dying to the terror birds as well....not fun when its a constant thing.

14 replies to this server topic

Come on joeblow13 why don't you answer? Where's this so called balance at when a lvl 22 kills a lol 72? How about when a lvl 7 raptor kills a lvl 44 player along with 2 sarcos lol 15 and 18...a 24 beelzebufo and an x plant THEN COMPLETELY DESTROYS A STONE BASE? WHERE IS THE BALANCE THAT YOU AND SO MANY OTHER CLAIM THIS GAME HAS???

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--718795567.jpeg

On 5/9/2022 at 10:44 PM, Carnageabsolute said:

Here you go...tell me how thats balanced. 72 lose to a 22 🤔

Pteranodons have awful stats, this one doesn't surprise me at all. 

I honestly don't know how you also lost a level 30 to it as well though. Wild Dinos are almost always weaker than Tamed ones just because of how dino leveling when wild and when tamed works. Outside of obvious cases like Giganotosaurus, your tamed dinos shouldn't really lose to wild dinos unless they are at a numbers disadvantage or something. 

I also see in a reply you made that you claim a wild Raptor destroyed a Stone Base, which is legitimately impossible, even regular Rexes can't do that. So either you're actually making stuff up and staging stuff like this to try and get attention, or like I said before, you are missing a fundamental understanding of how to play this game. I've beaten this game multiple times, taking on countless Wyverns with a single Rex, slaying Rexes with low level Trikes, and killing Trikes with nothing but wooden spears. The PvP creature balance is kinda borked in this game, but the Wild vs Tamed balance is honestly really well done. 

Huh? No way you're losing Stegos(Especially now that they got buffed) or Quetzals to Troodon and Compies. You'd have to leave them alone on passive for that to happen, and at the end of the day that would be your fault. Two tamed and saddled 100+ Anklyos would NEVER lose to a level 10 Saber, their attack range is simply too large to prevent them from hitting it the one or two times they need to kill it. Either your wild dinos are doing RIDICULOUS amounts of damage due to server settings or you're really just missing something when it comes to this game. 

Outside of obvious outliers like the Managarmr and Giga(Or really anything with a Imprint and a couple mutations), the creatures in this game are pretty well balanced. Tamed creatures aren't ALWAYS at the advantage against wilds, and wilds aren't always at an advantage against tames. I'd say the only problem I have with wilds is how close they get to tames, limiting movement or counterattack for creatures with relatively limited AOEs, like Wolves behind a Rhino or Allos getting behind a Rex. 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Carnageabsolute said:

Lol that's all you got? To blame me for it? Lol typical 😂

Not sure what else to tell you. The game isn't balanced around dino level numbers. A 20 raptor will waste a 40 parasaur any day. Two totally different creatures with different stats (health and attack power). And if your 30 raptor with a saddle on it is killed by a 22. You are clearly doing something wrong.

Yes way I lost a steg which was 64 to 3 troodon that were 15 and 2-20's and died myself...and yes my ankly's fought back but again I repeat myself they LOST to a level 10 saber...weather y'all want to believe it or not has nothing to do with me. And I didn't change any server settings...steg and ankly's all had saddles as well...primitive none the less but they had them. Which is my point...taking away levels and making each dino unique to their class...giving cooldowns for attacks and some dodge roll type of ability will greatly make what is already a great design for the game alot better...you can't say that a actual battle thats back and forth and not just chomp chomp chomp would make it waaaaay more epic to fight...pvp and pve would be way more balanced for anyone has a chance to win a fight based off of position and ability attacks used...not only that but it would eliminate the chomp chomp chomp dead and make fighting or taming them epic...5 or 10 min fights and the win itself would be rewarding...like dang! That iguanadon almost had me I'm glad I used this ability/attack and not that one otherwise I'd be dead

On 4/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Qwertymine said:

Huh? No way you're losing Stegos(Especially now that they got buffed) or Quetzals to Troodon and Compies. You'd have to leave them alone on passive for that to happen, and at the end of the day that would be your fault. Two tamed and saddled 100+ Anklyos would NEVER lose to a level 10 Saber, their attack range is simply too large to prevent them from hitting it the one or two times they need to kill it. Either your wild dinos are doing RIDICULOUS amounts of damage due to server settings or you're really just missing something when it comes to this game. 

Outside of obvious outliers like the Managarmr and Giga(Or really anything with a Imprint and a couple mutations), the creatures in this game are pretty well balanced. Tamed creatures aren't ALWAYS at the advantage against wilds, and wilds aren't always at an advantage against tames. I'd say the only problem I have with wilds is how close they get to tames, limiting movement or counterattack for creatures with relatively limited AOEs, like Wolves behind a Rhino or Allos getting behind a Rex. 

On 4/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Qwertymine said:

Here you go...tell me how thats balanced. 72 lose to a 22 🤔

I'm literally at a loss for words right now. I get the pteranodon dying to the raptor, 'cause they are the squishiest things ever, but a player getting killed by a wild raptor? If you are in a place that has raptors, then keeping bolas on you is a great trip. Just bolas them and run. Or, as Helena says, "bola the tribemate and run". You see, if the creature is being ridden, it can take off or fight back. But unridden creatures only attack when they are put on neutral or aggressive. I suggest you take a look at some tutorial vids on YouTube, or take a look at the ARK Wiki. Clearly, it would help you out a lot. 

So I have posted before about the unbalanced game and was told pretty much I'm a liar. "No way a low level can kill a high level"...well here's pictures a very very low titanoboa not only killed me while I was asleep and not playing the game but it killed me THROUGH my stone walls and destroyed all my shtuff that I spent hours and hours collecting...Not to mention what I went to kill it...it killed me 4 more times then I quit...let me ask you JoeBlow13 and anyone else for that matter...you think its balance that these dinos have a superpower to attack through walls? Still think the game is balanced when a level 2 can kill a level 44? And YES it does work THAT way.  Ugh! It won't let me upload the pic....typical. 🙄

1. Where on earth are you sleeping where a titanoboa can hit you? like what?

2. NO FREAKING WAY a stego loses to troodons. I lost a parasaur to troodons, bc of their venom attack where I got knocked off and knocked out. But I then took the stego out (they prevent dismount) and crushed the little buggers. One was a lvl 50. My stego was 30 or something. Like everyone's said, you are doing something wrong.

3. Ankys are actually sorta scary. They can actually do some decent damage. no way a lvl 10 saber took out two lvl 100+ ankys.

4. Clearly, you don't know about neutral mode...

Archived