Community Crunch 313: Desmodus Creature Spotlight and More!

StudioWildcard

Greetings Survivors!

Last week we announced the transition of the Official ARK wiki!  We've been reading your feedback and decided to create a thread so you have a place to share your thoughts.  Stop by and give the ARK wiki team your feedback!

In this Community Crunch, we're excited to share with the community another Creature Spotlight trailer for Fjordur! Many have been waiting for Desmodus to take flight since it won the second Community Creature Vote! This week we get one step closer to the inevitable debut of Desmodus on Fjordur!  Here's your first look at the monstrous Desmodus, the next creature included with the free DLC map Fjordur!

desmoduscreaturespotlight.png

Soar through the skies, instilling fear in your enemies with Desmodus as your deadly companion, and gain an undeniable advantage of stealth with the ability to cloak yourself amongst your surroundings.

Desmodus makes its appearance when Fjordur releases in June 2022!!  Will it be love at first bite!?

Desmodus_v2.jpg

ARKMediaKit.png

large.ShooterGame-2019-02-25-18-28-56-18

Are you looking for Official ARK media?  We've created an ARK Media Kit that includes all of our official media that has been released throughout the years. 

Within the folder, you will find years of media content from in-game events, Story Expansions, and Map DLC's.  Can't find something you're looking for? Reach out to our community team and let us know!  Going forward, the content that's released in the Community Crunch will be available in the ARK Media Kit shortly after the Community Crunch goes live (like the recently released Desmodus trailer)!

Visit the ARK Media Kit

evo.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week.

communitycorner.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot GalleryArtist Feedback Form

communitystories_.png

Phoenix Flaming Star#4365

Ark terrified me tonight. I was playing on Ragnarock, attempting my first Wyvern Egg steal. I was on my Pteranodon, Wasp, just kinda peeking in the trench and testing that Wasp could out fly the Wyverns. I was very nervous as I haven't really done this before. Then the weather kicked up. Rain and super loud thunder made my fear even worse. Upon hearing a second loud thunder clap, I had to stop. It was overwhelming. My goal is to eventually get all (er- most, not the void wyrm) wyvern types. I already have all the Crystal types. Now I'm on the last 4 types (poison, fire, lightning, and ice). I'm not giving up on this goal. I want to achieve this

clipsvideos.png

Creator: Complete Games

What are the best ways to heal your favorite companions in ARK?  Complete Games takes a look at various methods of healing your tames.

Creator: Veno

Veno is taking a shot at ranking every tameable creature in ARK.  Do you agree with Veno's assessments?

fanart_2.png

Adventure in Aberration by Sunima

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Adventure_in_A

Me and my Bro as Bobs by Wallpaper#5740

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Me_And_My_Bro_

Bulbdog by @ebiflyyyy4

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Bulbdog_1920x1

New Piece to my Collection by BaseballxHero#4775

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_New_Piece_to_m

ARK-Boxelder the Rex by KattailsDesigns

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ARK-Boxelder_t

Relaxing Break (о´ ∀ `о) by @sis_6193

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Relaxing_Break

screen.png

@sam_stimo

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Viking_Ocean_T

Bercas#3045

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_The_Tuskgor_Re

@JuhuLetsplay

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_ARK_Sign_Art_1

Have an eggcellent weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark

View full article

Well I think I am definitely afraid of the dark again…..I haven’t been afraid of the dark in more than 25 years. 

As far as Ark 2, I’m glad we haven’t heard anything.  The longer it takes to get any news the higher the chances of it getting pushed back (which it should be)!  I do think that it’s probably time for WC to crap or get off the pot about Ark 2 though.  They have never truly been very good at communicating with the players that made them money, but even though I can much care less about Ark 2 (mainly because I’m not going to rush out and get the next gen console just to play the same broken game), I am more concerned about what the plan for Ark 1 official servers is.  There is a lot that WC can give us in the way of information without revealing a single thing in regards to Ark 2.  Many of us have spent years and literally thousands of hours on this game, and we don’t deserve to be treated like a mushroom and kept in the dark and filled with bs.  We have accrued tames, blueprints, resources, bases, ascended and the list goes on.  The very least WC could do is just come out an$ say yay or nay on this whole Ark 2 business.  My personal opinion, JUST DELAY ARK 2 UNTIL 2024, AND MAKE SURE IT’S RIGHT!!!!!! I should start a hashtag, hmmmm #ark2in2024

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

Well I think I am definitely afraid of the dark again…..I haven’t been afraid of the dark in more than 25 years. 

As far as Ark 2, I’m glad we haven’t heard anything.  The longer it takes to get any news the higher the chances of it getting pushed back (which it should be)!  I do think that it’s probably time for WC to crap or get off the pot about Ark 2 though.  They have never truly been very good at communicating with the players that made them money, but even though I can much care less about Ark 2 (mainly because I’m not going to rush out and get the next gen console just to play the same broken game), I am more concerned about what the plan for Ark 1 official servers is.

That, thank you

1 hour ago, Oscarthelizard1117 said:

Cool! But I’m getting disappointed in the lack of ark 2 news

Dude, what will we get more of, the new map that’s gonna come out in… 2 months, or the sequel that they’ve probably got a quarter of the team working on in the background. They’re gonna hype the thing that’s coming first. Give it 2 or 3 months and we’ll get news on ark 2

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

As far as Ark 2, I’m glad we haven’t heard anything.  The longer it takes to get any news the higher the chances of it getting pushed back (which it should be)!  I do think that it’s probably time for WC to crap or get off the pot about Ark 2 though.  They have never truly been very good at communicating with the players that made them money, but even though I can much care less about Ark 2 (mainly because I’m not going to rush out and get the next gen console just to play the same broken game), I am more concerned about what the plan for Ark 1 official servers is.  There is a lot that WC can give us in the way of information without revealing a single thing in regards to Ark 2.  Many of us have spent years and literally thousands of hours on this game, and we don’t deserve to be treated like a mushroom and kept in the dark and filled with bs.  We have accrued tames, blueprints, resources, bases, ascended and the list goes on.  The very least WC could do is just come out an$ say yay or nay on this whole Ark 2 business.  My personal opinion, JUST DELAY ARK 2 UNTIL 2024, AND MAKE SURE IT’S RIGHT!!!!!! I should start a hashtag, hmmmm #ark2in2024

You express exactly what I feel too. Thanks :)

Not entirely certain about how I feel about the desmodus having a full on cloak ability and how it'll effect the pvp meta but overall I'm fairly pleased by how the creature came out. Keeping the roosting is a nice touch, it'd have been a shame to have another bat that doesn't even hang in a rest state.

To that end I honestly think more creatures could do with a sleep animation. It'd probably be a tall order to request that devs go through ALL of the creatures in the game and rig their models to sleep, but at the very least those with unique tranquilized animations (thylas, deinonychus) could use a sleep function akin to shadowmanes. 

On 4/29/2022 at 11:00 PM, willhale said:

Like the video. But I was wondering if there will be new items ( tools, armor, structures, etc.) to the game.

the desmodus passively produces a new item called sanguine elixir, which starves a creature you're taming faster. And they're also adding the saddle for the andrewsarchus, the desmodus, and probably the charcar. Not sure if they upgrading the fenrir to have a saddle, but that's a possibility too.

42 minutes ago, Vesdied said:

the desmodus passively produces a new item called sanguine elixir, which starves a creature you're taming faster. And they're also adding the saddle for the andrewsarchus, the desmodus, and probably the charcar. Not sure if they upgrading the fenrir to have a saddle, but that's a possibility too.

Personally I'd prefer they didn't give the fenrir a saddle. Assuming they keep the abilities initially introduced in the mod creature the thig bit get a bit too tanky. By nice to see if they tweaked it a bit to act as a counter to the shadowmane. Would be pleasantly thematic; big tanky canine vs big tanky feline.

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Personally I'd prefer they didn't give the fenrir a saddle. Assuming they keep the abilities initially introduced in the mod creature the thig bit get a bit too tanky. By nice to see if they tweaked it a bit to act as a counter to the shadowmane. Would be pleasantly thematic; big tanky canine vs big tanky feline.

Yeah, it would be nice if the fenrir got an update so it's not just a tweaked wolf. Like if it got freeze breath or something. But I agree with you, I don't think it should get a saddle, maybe weak natural armour.

3 hours ago, Vesdied said:

Yeah, it would be nice if the fenrir got an update so it's not just a tweaked wolf. Like if it got freeze breath or something. But I agree with you, I don't think it should get a saddle, maybe weak natural armour.

Mod wise I believe their ice coat ability is supposed to work like a natural armor with a bit of a damage boost at the cost of speed. Whether or not that will make it to official remains to be seen, however it would be a nice way to further add to the thematicism. You've got the shadowmane: The venomously barbed lion that can close the gap between itself and its target in a blink or creep up on them without being spotted before it's too late, all the while being harder to pin down than a greased pig in an oil spill. Quick, silent, lethally elusive. Then there would be the fenrir: The ice wolf that stoickly bears down on the enemy like a collapsing glacier as it slowly trudges forward, weathering the hail of munitions until its enemies are close enough for it to get its jaws around them.  Stalwart and unsubtle in its power, and near inevitable in its conclusion.

• Thanks 1