Cant save my game in single player

shazery

I may have to try to return my game to the shop as I cant save it always back to the start, what sort of stupid game is this that it doesnt have a save button in the game structure

I have been online and they said to use RB+LB+X+Y it doesnt work I have tried all the different ways with this no go

I am on xbox one X and their is no help with this how crazy to have a game with no save as the game goes on, the only time it saves is when you dont die and leave the game and go back in 

So dissapointing this would have been a good game but now it is a zero

Please dont recommend updates as it has had plenty of hours with updates on Auto

1. ARK generally auto saves pretty well. You should be fine.

2. RB+LB+X+Y is to open the admin command tab, not to save the game. If you are playing the server and are not the admin, this will not work. If you're on single player, then there is a command to save your, which I think is save world saveworld, so try that out and see if it works. 

3. If you're on a server, then the world just keeps going even when you log off, so there is no need to save.

Hope that helped! Happy ARKing!

Hi Griffin

Thank you for letting me know that, but I am not playing in a tribe just as a single player

My game doesnt keep going on when I log off it starts from the begining each time the only time I have anything saved at all is if I dont die in  the game at all I have tried so many things in the game and I have realised I have no save at all as I go along this is so annoying as I find alot of things and have them in my inventory and then something kills me and it is all gone again

Thank you Shazery 

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, shazery said:

My game doesnt keep going on when I log off it starts from the begining each time the only time I have anything saved at all is if I dont die in  the game

I think @Wesmaneegave you the right answer.

1) Select "HOST \ LOCAL" like you usually to.

2) On the next screen, don't start anything yet. Look on the left side of the screen where all of the settings are located.

3) Make sure the "General" tab is active.

4) Scroll down and make sure that "HARDCORE MODE" is not checked.

image.png.2c69f0a7df5e7b653b0ad2004f7b2cac.png

Mmmm - Maybe you are missing the point of survival? You are not clear around what "back to start" is.

Does it mean you have to create a new character and really start again? If so then see "Hard Core" stuff above.

Or does it mean you still have a guy, but the game asks you to "respawn" in a random location. If this - then I am afraid that is how the game works. At one moment when you have progressed enough, you will be able to build a bed and after getting killed and then quitting, the game will ask you to choose a bed to respawn at. Still without any of the stuff you had - but with the chance to go find your body and pick up your stuff.

Excuse my response if you ain't in the really new to Ark category - but from your post this was not clear.

Archived