Community Crunch 312: Desmodus Reveal, Official ARK Wiki, and More!

StudioWildcard

7 hours ago, GP said:

Paranoid? Look back at the last two Crunches. The first was the Andrewsarchus Reveal (which pretty much provided a new artwork of it, then the second was the Andrewsarchus Creature Spotlight.

Now the next Crunch is the Desmodus Reveal, and likely next week will be the Desmodus Creature Spotlight.

The two weeks following that are likely to be the same for FjordHawk.

Not sure where the paranoia is coming from because Desmodus is clearly following the same theme as Andrewsarchus at this point.

Eh, my memory ain't the best so unless I'm actively going back to reread the ccs many of the details in them are pretty much forgotten within a day or two unless I receive notifications. Years of rum binges have really done a number on the gray matter. The only reason things like desmodus managed to remain in my mind is because I was an active participant in the vote. I just feel like these sorts of things could be done better. Rather than retread old ground in some attempt to dredge up hype better to just say "Hey, here's new art, here's a link to a previous thread detailing what the thing is". Elsewise it just feels like fluff.

Then again maybe I'm just a touch biased in this instance since I believe the creature that players had an active stake in getting into the game should be prioritized in the having its in game model revealed department.

5 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Unless you have the analytics of ark for steam, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and epic games that statement has absolutely nothing backing it to make it factual.

The community forums and Facebook pages show that with the activity that’s on them and the posts that’s evidence enough you must be mental 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, JakeInGame said:

The community forums and Facebook pages show that with the activity that’s on them and the posts that’s evidence enough you must be mental 

I'd be genuinely surprised to find out that you can eat soup without floaties on if you actually believe that a niche forum or social media outlet is an indicator of player count. 

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

6 hours ago, JakeInGame said:

https://steamcharts.com/top

37,000 current players is not a small number, and this is just steam charts. If we could pull current players from consoles I'm sure they would at least be within the same range.