question I have a question about the Ancestors and Mutation

Spenkyman01

Hello Survivors,

I am new to breeding and have been learning myself for the last 2a3 days but I have one thing that confuses me when the mutations counter shows 0/20 but on the left side and right side in the ancestors contains a dino line does that mean that I have a mutation our not?

Here is what the ancestors shows
https://imgur.com/a/Tn1vylU

Thanks,
Spenkyman01

Just like Invision said, the only thing that indicates mutations is the 0/20 on each side. If you get a mutation from say a stat that was passed from the babies Mother, you'll see 1/20 on the 'Matrilineal' side, then later down the line, if you get another mutation, and it's from a stat given by that Mother, the mutation counter will then say 2/20 (on the Matrilineal side. The Patrilineal side will still stay 0/20, because you haven't had any mutations passed over from the fathers own family tree)

The list of dino/parent names, on each side, is basically the family tree that made that particular baby. ie./ if Mom 1 and Dad 1 had a baby girl, and then named her Mom 2, she could then breed with a male (Lets call it 'Dave'). When Mom 2 and Dave had a baby boy (Lets call it ''Baby Pete'), the Patrilineal side of the Family tree would still be blank (because the Dad, 'Dave' has no current family history to pass on, he's essentially wild tamed). The Matrilineal side though, would read  ' 1 Mom1   Dad1', as that's the current family history of Baby Pete's Mother. Finally the central column 'Parents' would obviously say Mom2  followed by Dave.

Just remember that the Left side is the current Father's own family tree, it has nothing to do with any of the other fathers that were involved in the breeding line earlier on. The Right side, of the page, is the Mothers very own family tree.

I hope that helps a little in understanding the ancestor page. It may sound a little confusing, and if so, write the above ancestry out on a scrap of paper, in the exact format that Ark show (like your screenshot), then reread my description, with the scrap of paper as reference and I guarantee it'll just click.

Good luck, man  :)

Just like Invision said, the only thing that indicates mutations is the 0/20 on each side. If you get a mutation from say a stat that was passed from the babies Mother, you'll see 1/20 on the 'Matrilineal' side, then later down the line, if you get another mutation, and it's from a stat given by that Mother, the mutation counter will then say 2/20 (on the Matrilineal side. The Patrilineal side will still stay 0/20, because you haven't had any mutations passed over from the fathers own family tree)

The list of dino/parent names, on each side, is basically the family tree that made that particular baby. ie./ if Mom 1 and Dad 1 had a baby girl, and then named her Mom 2, she could then breed with a male (Lets call it 'Dave'). When Mom 2 and Dave had a baby boy (Lets call it ''Baby Pete'), the Patrilineal side of the Family tree would still be blank (because the Dad, 'Dave' has no current family history to pass on, he's essentially wild tamed). The Matrilineal side though, would read  ' 1 Mom1   Dad1', as that's the current family history of Baby Pete's Mother. Finally the central column 'Parents' would obviously say Mom2  followed by Dave.

Just remember that the Left side is the current Father's own family tree, it has nothing to do with any of the other fathers that were involved in the breeding line earlier on. The Right side, of the page, is the Mothers very own family tree.

I hope that helps a little in understanding the ancestor page. It may sound a little confusing, and if so, write the above ancestry out on a scrap of paper, in the exact format that Ark show (like your screenshot), then reread my description, with the scrap of paper as reference and I guarantee it'll just click.

Good luck, man  :)

Thank you for your detailed and clear explanation. it was very helpful and understandable. and I will definitely follow up on you advice to get a better understanding on how it works :) and thank you for responding so quickly to my post.

Archived